Sales Brand Manager
Wana Brands is an infused marijuana products manufacturer. This position helps to promote Wana Brands by helping to support and manage Wana sales operations in Missouri. The role will support the Missouri market in developing and executing sales support and marketing strategies, meeting quarterly goals, and providing guidance and training to the Missouri market.
Previous sales management experience is a must and previous cannabis and/or CPG experience preferred.
- Design sales strategy and manage KPIs for Wana and Partners Sales team
- Provide sales forecasting for Missouri market
- Manage communication with partners’ sales teams
- Manage promotional strategies with partners
- Attend all online meetings with partners
- Build relationships with key retailers
- Focus and support all new product launches
- Evaluate opportunities for growth within each market and make recommendations for key initiatives
- Understand and monitor individual competitor pricing and promotional strategies
- Represent Wana at industry events and conferences
- Work cohesively with Wana Field Marketing Team
- KPIs for store visits, budtender trainings, demo days etc
- Attend weekly and bi-weekly team meetings
- Passion for Wana Brands and knowledge of the industry
- Strong ability to model and train sales teams on consultative selling methods.
- Experience and knowledge of selling premium quality grade products and managing broad portfolio of products
- Ability to clearly explain technical aspects of Wana products in a sales and training capacity
- Persuasive sales ability, including ability to effectively position Wana products against competitors
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners, maintaining them over time.
- Clearly communicate information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Persistence, positive attitude and desire to hustle and build market share
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to build relationships and rapport
- Flexible schedule and ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Proof of COVID-vaccination required
- Candidate must live in St. Louis area
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior cannabis sales experience
- Prior management experience
- Prior CPG experience with strong analytical experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly works normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30a-5:00p. Some weekend and night work will be expected.
Travel includes both local and out-of-the-area travel with some overnight travel expected. Travel is up to 50% of work time.
Mountain High Products provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mountain High Products complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mountain High Products expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mountain High Products’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.