Sales Area Manager
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Sales Area Manager. The right candidate will manage, train and motivate sales staff in a specific geographic area. Handle buyer calls and issues, sign all documentation related to home purchase and close.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and supervise all sales staff in a specific geographic area, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Enforce company policies
- Recruit and hire future Sales Representatives
- Train/motivate the sales force
- Oversee grand openings and new phases
- Complete competitive analysis on product, features, and neighborhoods/amenities
- Meet or beat set sales goals
- Perform realtor outreach (realtor breakfasts, lunches, office presentations)
- Create new incentives for neighborhoods
- Work with the Marketing Department and division management on advertising
- Work with Sales Representatives on all marketing promotions
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Directly manages two or more employees in the Sales Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Four to six years related experience and/or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2