The Business Analyst role is responsible for leading data analysis and insights necessary to make sound business decisions and drive strategic initiatives within the Target Writing Team. This role will own and develop regular reports (weekly and monthly) and drive insights on sales trends, promotional strategy, merchandising, and operations/forecasting across omni efforts with the customer. In addition will coordinate sample management and item set ups. The ideal candidate will be someone who continually looks for ways to streamline and improve current processes. This role will interact with many groups across the Selling, Sales Planning, & Marketing organization.
- Publish POS Reports to key internal and customer contacts using Target POS & Syndicated data sources & Lead weekly/monthly analysis and reporting of insights
- Analyze sales trends
- Solve issues/research
- Provide recommendations
- Support in Line Review efforts, as well as other key customer meetings when appropriate.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and insight generation for use in presentations by sales, sales planning, and supply chain.
- Look for ways to streamline and improve the overall process
Sales / Operational Support
- Joint Business Planning reporting & support
- Support of Customer Event Planning and Tracking.
- Maintain Master Item Listing
- Promotional Management
- Measure the ROI and sales impact of past promotional activity and assist in developing promo plans.
- Competitive Analysis
- Competitive item tracking, competitive retail analysis
- Item Management
- Manage new item creation, item maintenance, samples
- Post Audit and Deduction research support
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Attend customer meetings as needed to assist sales team in presenting business reviews.
- Can-do attitude & willingness to take on things outside of normal job scope when needed
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of sales/channel experience demonstrating steadily increasing responsibilities
- Proven track record of results
- Superior communication, presentation, and people skills
- Strong conflict management/composure skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Finance and Marketing a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Target systems (POL, MerchIQ, Greenfield, OMT) a plus
- Experience using syndicated data (i.e., NPD, Nielsen, IRI) to support POS analysis a plus
- Proficient in Windows Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.