Sales Account Executive
What you'd be selling
This is an opportunity to do B2B sales at one of the largest, most influential companies in the world, but within a small and scrappy team where you get recognized as an individual. On top of that, the product you sell will enable small businesses in the U.S. to grow and thrive in the global market, bringing real meaning to your work.
Here's who you'll be talking to on a daily basis:
1. U.S. manufacturers, sellers, and small businesses looking to sell their products locally and/or globally
- You'll be helping businesses understand the amount of demand for their goods on the platform, and how bringing their product catalogue online can help them expand their business in a huge way.
2. Business buyers, looking for manufacturers & sellers to provide wholesale or customized products for their stores
- You'll be helping buyers understand the breadth of Alibaba.com and its thousands of manufacturers and sellers on the platform, while also educating and selling services like shipping and logistics solutions.
What we're looking for:
We are looking to add a dynamic, enthusiastic, and kind Account Executive to our growing sales team. As an Account Executive, you'll have the opportunity to work in a startup environment while gaining valuable business experience at one of the worlds largest and most admired companies – embracing aggressive goals, challenges, and new opportunities. The team is constantly growing and trying new processes and tactics, so were looking for creative and strategic team members who want to actively participate in developing the team and how we do business. To be successful in this role you must be a team player that has the ability to wear multiple hats by working closely with sales, marketing, product teams.
This individual will be responsible for driving the growth of sellers, building an effective relationships with sellers in their portfolio and playing a “consultant” role to deliver value across large customer sets.
1. Actively seek out opportunities through cold calling, social media, networking, industry association events, trade shows, exhibitions or conferences, etc. Identify new prospects that would benefit from Alibaba.com to close new deals.
2. Be the primary point of contact for sellers in the portfolio throughout the entire lifecycle process, and visit or telecommunicate with sellers regularly.
3. Guild sellers participate in driving incremental growth on Alibaba.com through frequent education sessions on tools, products, or programs.
4. Maintain in-depth knowledge to keep Sellers informed of new opportunities and tie recommendations to their specific goals and value proposition.
5. Be responsible for building strategic relationships with Sellers, identifying opportunities or road blockers, and providing seller solutions.
- Identify and source new partners through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails, and client visits
- 2+ years of software sales experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Proven successful sales experience, preferably in the e-commerce, online retail technology, SaaS, or software industries
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for helping SMEs grow their businesses
- Drive to succeed on a high level and crush goals month over month
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve. You are not satisfied with 100% and are always looking for ways to meet the next challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Develop and deliver collateral to recruit and onboard partners
- Fast learner, resourceful, strong analytical skills, problem-solving and result oriented
- Use our CRM, marketing automation, and sales acceleration tools to manage your pipeline
- Travel to local events and trade shows to meet with our prospects and customers face-to-face
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $61,200/year and $82,800/year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.