Sales Academy Intern
CignaBloomfield, CT17 days ago
Help influence our early career sales recruiting efforts. Get ready for a one-of-a-kind internship that encourages you to support our Sales Academy classroom and recruitment efforts, as well as gain knowledge of the sales organization through access to key sales leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Use your analytical mindset to conduct and analyze research on colleges and universities. Partner with our Early Career and Diversity Hiring team to identify targeted schools and recruitment strategies for Cigna's Sales Academy Sales Program.
- Build relationships and ask the right questions. Work closely with internal and external individuals to accomplish recruiting goals and objectives for our Sales organization.
- Be an advocate for Cigna. Talk directly with college career centers and students about Cigna sales opportunities for early career hires. Work with Marketing and our Early Career and Diversity hiring team to develop promotional and social media strategies for college recruiting.
- Balance multiple tasks without sacrificing deadlines or attention to detail. Manage and complete tasks for our Sales Academy program, our Sales organization and our Sales Effectiveness team.
What you need to do the job:
- Your unique personality! We’re seeking creative minds to add a little fun to our organization!
- Incoming Junior/Senior pursuing an undergraduate degree (Business, Sales, Health Education, Finance, Liberal Arts…or anyone who enjoys interacting with others!) – with a 3.0 GPA
- Be tech savvy, Microsoft Word & Outlook are a must, as well a knowledge and capability to leverage social media channels (Blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Be inquisitive, analytical and investigative and doing it while keeping the customer in mind
- Be a planner – time management and the ability to “see around corners” is essential
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Location: Bloomfield, CT (This will be a virtual summer internship)
- Internship Start Date: May 2021
- Ideally, the candidate would be able to continue working in the role after the summer, through Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
- Summer: 30 – 40 hours/week for 16 weeks
- Fall: 15 hours/week for 16 weeks
- Spring: 15 hours/week for 16 weeks
One goal of this internship program is to prepare and identify qualified candidates for roles with Cigna post-graduation. Therefore, this temporary internship is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.