Safety & Sustainability Manager
District Photo Inc. seeks a Safety & Sustainability Manager to oversee the implementation of sustainability strategies for our plants. Also direct the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and provide for the safety of all employees. The Safety & Sustainability Manager shall also serve as the subject matter expert on all safety and sustainability related matters.
401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and safe leave, life insurance, medical, dental, vision, and short/long term disability benefits.
At DPI, our success is powered by our people and its client’s satisfaction ratings. Our culture allows employees to be engaged, empowered, and rewarded. We are a diverse and inclusive company who seeks to expand our brand by hiring collaborative individuals who think outside of the box. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our employees and visitors. Check us out, https://vimeo.com/761869694/1b7b9d7dbf
- Monitors and documents ongoing safety program, making recommendations and implementing necessary changes to meet federal and state safety standards
- Develops security/risk assessments, scenario planning, security plan development, crisis/contingency planning, and other security-related functions in accordance with best practices and ensure their implementation
- Develop and implement environmentally friendly strategies throughout our operations
- Discusses and analyzes concerns brought forward by department representatives with site/corporate safety committees
- Works with company leadership to align with and implement recommendations of insurance advisors and safety specialists with our insurance carriers
- Monitors compliance and conducts periodic safety inspections of plant, material and procedures
- Conducts investigations involving employee injuries or property damage, providing recommendations to prevent reoccurrence, and assist the site Safety Representative and supervisors in the resolution of work-related injuries
- Provides advice and counsel to management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security
- Investigates all safety, sustainability and risk management related issues
- Develops and updates as necessary associated materials
- Conducts training needs assessment with key stakeholders resulting in increased safety, sustainability management capacity, and monitors security conditions
- Develops and facilitates safety training both at HQ and field offices
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Oversees the maintenance of all records, files, logs and manuals associated with safety and sustainability
- Ensures company/management is briefed and updated on laws/changes promulgated by Federal and State government agencies
- Analyze, recommend and design appropriate Safety protocol for all facilities.
- Develop and update regular periodic reporting regarding incidents and mitigation to executive management
- Critical thinking. The ability to think critically and make well-informed decision
- Manufacturing or Print industry safety background is preferred
- Complex decision making abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project Management
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Safety, or related discipline. Security experience is preferred.
- CSP and/or CIH certification preferred.
- Five years or more in an EHS management position.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time
- Travel up to 25%
Founded in 1949 by Melvin Cohen as a small black & white photo lab, the business grew during the last half of the 20th century into a large wholesale photofinishing lab serving mid-Atlantic retailers and a national mail order film business. In the late 1990's under Neil Cohen’s leadership, DPI acquired a photo business in the UK and has transitioned from a mid-Atlantic film developing lab to multiple state-of-the-art digital labs shipping millions of photos worldwide every day.
Today, District is one of the largest variable data printing companies in the world as their facilities comprise over a million square feet of manufacturing space with a global reach that sets them apart in the digital printing market. With 7 production fulfillment facilities located in the United States (MD, PA, KY, AZ), England, the Czech Republic & Australia, District Photo is the leader in creating photo-based products as they deliver millions of prints, greeting cards, books, calendars, blankets, mugs, and other gift items yearly.