As a Safety Manager, you will manage our Health, Safety and Environmental programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work. Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision. This position requires someone with the ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding our policies, procedures and software programs.
Cherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion-dollar organization.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Implement and oversee the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct training, including new hire orientation and safety meetings.
- Monitor all heavy industrial construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
- Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is also desired.
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial or equivalent degree/work experience
- Strong work ethic; good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to act independently with little or no supervision and work collaboratively on a team environment
- Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software.
- Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain.
- Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements is preferred
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.