The Safety Assistant will promote the Company’s commitment towards safety to all employees. Assist with data collection on work environments for analysis by Safety Officer. Assist with coordinating and facilitating training and compliance courses for employees to make sure all training is up to date. Assist with audits and maintain programs designed to limit chemical, physical, biological, and ergonomic risks to workers.
SAFETY ASSISTANT RESPONSIBLITIES: Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Compiles and distributes monthly training reports
- Enters, scans and maintains employee training records
- Assists in performing or collecting paperwork for weekly Tool Box Talks and/or OJT’s.
- Perform job site safety assessments and inspects work environments to ensure safety
- Ensure Safety signage is posted around the facility
- Compiles Safety Data Sheet (SDS) project binders.
- Data entry of Chemical lists, Safety Data Sheet’s (SDS), Safety Training, Audits, other data entry as needed
- Coordinates and submits medical questionnaires and arranges for respirator fit testing and training
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Assist in maintaining the Company’s safety program.
- Perform jobsite safety assessments.
- Assists with injured employees.
- Responsible for jobsite safety orientation for new employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees have and are using the proper protective equipment needed to perform the job safely.
- Report if there are any unsafe hazards or conditions on the jobsite.
- Attend and participate in all required company training programs.
- Conform to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Current Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) General Industry Certification; or ability to successfully pass Copperstate Farms sponsored certification course within 180 days of employment;
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and applicable regulatory agencies required
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups preferred
- Worker Protection Standard (WPS) certification preferred
- Red Cross Trainer Certification preferred
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) knowledge preferred
- Must possess a clean driving record with no violations within last 5 years
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Work well and effectively with fellow co-workers
COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY:
- Willingness to be an integral member of a successful team
- Dedication to provide the highest levels of service
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Dedicated to maintaining confidentiality in every aspect of the job
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, and use of hands
- Frequently requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials
- Frequently stooping, bending, and reaching
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments
- Must work in hot conditions with high humidity
- Lift 25-50 pounds from the floor to a waist-high table when necessary
- Crouch & bend often
- Stand for short/ high periods of time
- Sit for short/ medium periods of time
- Walk for short/high periods of time
- Occasionally sit on the floor or at floor level
- Handle the responsibilities and routine stress often associated with this position
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Must plan two to twelve weeks in advance, depending upon the directive given by the site supervisor.
- STRESS MANAGEMENT: Periodic stress due to intermediate time deadlines and timely implementation of department particulars.
- PUBLIC CONTACT: Effectively interact primarily with a broad range of people across many different arenas for the company.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Work collaboratively with your supervisor in establishing, implementing, organizing, and evaluating an effective program.