This is a contract position providing services to Nestlé in the USA through a third-party staffing services organization. If you are selected for this role, you will be an employee of a third-party staffing partner and not Nestlé in the USA.
Provide support to the Safety and Health function for St. Joseph Research Development.
The approximate hourly pay for this position is $20/hour to $21/hour. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to background, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as geographic location of the position.
1. Support continuous improvement of the Safety and Health function with the Research and Development facility.
2. Assist with developing online safety forms.
3. Support compliance with Corporate Safety Policies and OSHA Regulations, including compliance with OHSAS 18001 Safety Management System.
4. Evaluate and make enhancements to existing risk assessments and developing new ones, if needed.
5. Implement new energy control procedures, improve existing documents and rollout the visual standard to maintenance and petcare to support the Lockout Tagout program.
6. Coordinate the chemical review process for the facility, using the new SDS database.
7. Participate and contribute as a member of cross-functional teams as assigned.
8. Develop and coordinate safety promotional events for SummerFest and Safety Week.
9. Use safety practices to coach and provide feedback to all associates.
10. Travel as necessary.
11. Additional duties as assigned.
• Support SHE function with all areas of the organization.
• Develop working relationships with all areas of the organization.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• Working toward or have obtained a B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health or similar degree
• 15 Hours of OSH Classes
• Must have a basic working knowledge of OSHA and ANSI Standards.
• Good sense of business/technical interrelationships
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to manage multiple projects/priorities
• Computer literacy – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Please note this contract position provides services to Nestlé in the USA on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors in this position are hired and employed through Nestlé’s third-party staffing partner.