The Risk Manager is responsible for the facility or assigned area’s risk management activities
- Administers the risk management plan on a day-to-day basis.
- Manages and analyzes risk management data.
- Conducts risk management educational programs.
- Complies with the risk management related standards by the Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies with the objective of enhancing patient safety, promoting patient safety, quality care, and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the organization.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Develops, coordinates, and administers facility or assigned area-wide systems for risk identification, investigation, and reduction; maintains a network of informational sources and experts; performs risk surveys and inspects patient care areas; and reviews facility or assigned area for loss potential.
- Provides proactive analysis of patient safety and medical errors processes.
- Facilitates all root causes analysis investigations and reporting of adverse events and sentinel events to the apparent parties.
- Participates on committees directed towards promoting patient safety issues.
- Complies with various codes, laws and regulations concerning patient care, including those mandated by state and federal agencies, incident reporting; includes investigation activities of federal, state and local enforcement authorities.
- Maintains awareness and communication of legislative and regulatory activities related to health care risk management.
- Collects, evaluates, and distributes relevant data concerning patient injuries, aggregate data summaries, monthly trend analysis of incidents and sentinel events trends; provides aggregate analysis of risk data; maintains statistical trending and results of risk management data.
- Informs administrators and department managers regarding occurrences, issues, findings and risk management suggestions; provides feedback to all administrators in the effort to eliminate risks; assist clinical chiefs and department managers in designing risk management programs within their departments.
- Providesin-service training to hospital personnel to enhance their awareness of their role in reducing facility or assigned areas liability exposure.
- Responds to professional liability and facility questions posed by physicians, nurses and other personnel.
- Receives and investigates reports of product problems to determine appropriate response to federal, state or manufacturers requirements.
- Participates in the process of disclosure for medical errors.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities.
- Mentors new team members in Risk Management activities and/or coordinates educational in-services.
- Cross-trained in multiple areas of Risk Management.
- Participates in and leads projects.
Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 23,000 employees and nearly 4,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or closely related field.
- Five (5) years of clinical or medical legal experience to include three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity and two years Risk Management experience as a Risk Manager in Prevention.
- Advanced PC literacy required.