We’re looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our growing Finance team, analyze worldwide revenue recognition, reconcile billings to cash, and scale revenue-generating initiatives. This individual will look to solve complex issues with groups such as Billings Engineering, Data Analytics, FP&A and Global Payments. You have the flexibility to work remotely and work cross-functionally across time zones within the US.
What You'll Do
- Perform detailed review of subscription billings to ensure proper treatment under US GAAP
- Collaborate with our billing team to ensure accuracy of subscription billing and ensure the accurate revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Review and update ASC 606 memo as per the company revenue policy
- Review and update monthly revenue recognition, deferred revenue schedules and accrued billing schedules
- Review monthly commission capitalization and amortization schedules
- Implement sales tax software and perform monthly sales tax compliance
- Should work closely with auditors for annual audits on revenue related issues
- Manage billing and collection teams
- Exhibit a strong understanding of internal data flows.
- Drive operational process improvements.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience - public accounting or in-house/corporate accounting are both great
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
- Nice to have: Experience with Salesforce, Recurly, Netsuite, Avalara ( Any Subscription Billing system)
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
- A great communicator who can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
- Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.