It's a hybrid role- (3 days in office/ 2 days from home)
Serves as the knowledge expert, primary administrator and point of contact for the Pension, 401(k) Savings Plan and the Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plan. This position contributes towards the strategy, design, day to day administration, compliance, program implementation, communications, vendor management and ongoing data analysis and metrics of the Plan.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the administration of the Defined Benefit Pension and Defined Contribution 401(k) retirement benefit plans as well as the Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation - including plan setup and updates with vendors.
- Lead, guide and direct the Retirement Analyst in all day-to-day activities including: establishing goals and objectives, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Work with the external plan actuary on cost projections and annual plan valuations.
- Research and answer escalated retirement benefit and policy interpretation questions from the benefits administrator, employees, and retirees.
- Research trends, regulatory requirements and pending legislation; recommend programs, enhancements and plan design changes to the Director of Benefits.
- Work with Payroll & Finance to audit for payroll accuracy and fund to the plan trustee of the 401(k) savings plan contributions (employee, company match, DCA and loans).
- Ensures regulatory and legal compliance by working with consultants, actuary, 401(k) vendor and outside counsel on required federal and state disclosures and notices.
- Work with the plan recordkeeper to perform and review the annual ADP/ACP testing and coordinate corrective action with record keeper based on results.
- Work with external plan auditor on all requests related to the annual benefit plan audits (Retirement plans)
- Coordinate the preparation of plan amendments and present to the Benefits Administration Committee for approval.
- Assist Labor Relations with pension and 401(k) and retiree in preparing for and during negotiations.
- Act as primary contact for external vendors related to the pension & savings plans.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years benefits administration experience in a large company environment
- Working knowledge of health & welfare, savings, and retirement plans as well as benefit-related laws
- Working knowledge of payroll/benefit systems, SAP preferred
- Certifications: CEBS, CBP preferred