Retail Territory Manager
To help the SPT Channel achieve its volume and profit goals in healthy pet diets by supporting the Omni sales strategy and delivering account specific sales goals. Responsibilities include developing business plans and cultivating customer relationships that result in client satisfaction and the opportunity for our products to become the reference in healthy pet diets. This Associate is responsible for meeting the following principal accountabilities in all retail units within her/his territory including Independent Retail pet specialty stores and Regional chain accounts.
What are we looking for?
- A college diploma in business, nutrition or animal science with 3-5 years of experience in a retail sales role.
- Proficient not only in written and verbal communication, but with technologies such as: MS Office, Salesforce, Springboard, Etc.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (qualify for fleet insurance criteria).
- Ability to physically lift large quantities of product.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Execute the Retail sales strategy within assigned territory.
- Achievement oriented, with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple clients in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Develop an understanding of customer needs by expanding basic product knowledge to enhance services. Assist Retail outlets in growing their business by identifying potential upsell opportunities.
- Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within customer base
- Collaborate across Royal Canin channels to help achieve an optimal customer experience
- Ability to translate knowledge of our products, categories and customer data into business opportunities.
- Prioritize key retail accounts within a territory and work with the Region Manager to develop an effective routing and call frequency strategy.
- Develop and deliver compelling, data-driven sales presentations to retail decision makers.
- Follow a full sales-call process in Regional and Independent pet specialty retail stores in a given territory (POUNCE)
- Implement Perfect Store standards through leveraging Category Management selling methodology to gain distribution of core and innovative SKU’s
- Work closely with Regional Account & Trade Marketing Mangers to ensure effective execution of cycle priorities
- Manage account definition types, store segmentation & classification through SalesForce
- Manage a pre-approved expense budget and follow the timely submission process and submit retail store credits on a daily/weekly basis as per region requirements
- Constantly strive to improve knowledge and abilities.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.