Retail Support Operations Manager
Yea, I do a hundred mil annual
Dope game, I damn near wrote the manual
Cookies sells iconic cannabis, with roots that stretch back to garage grows in San Francisco, before the industry was an industry. Our breeders developed many of the world’s most famous strains, from GSC to Gary Payton, and we have flagship stores and infrastructure operating on multiple continents.
At Cookies your work will have a personal impact at truly global scale —domestically and internationally, the quality of our products affect our customers’ lives for the better. We know cannabis can be a force multiplier for equity, economic inclusion, diversity, and community, and we are on a mission to bring that culture to the world.
Obsessed with the details and a high level of organization and communication, the Retail Support Operations Manager spearheads and oversees the overall retail store support functions of the company. This role will set clear goals, strategies, budgets, establish guidelines and timelines, streamline roadmaps, gather and analyze data to identify the strengths and weaknesses of retail operations, develop solutions against vulnerable areas, and create strategies to optimize the workflow and the performance of the entire retail operation.
Reporting to the Director of Store Operations & Programs, essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze key metrics as they relate to retail projects to determine effectiveness and scalability
- Create and regularly update all retail standard operating procedures, including new store openings, partner/vendor relations, store communications and all other critical areas within the retail organization
- Develop new and existing programs for in store operational processes to maximum efficiency including but not limited to: POS, digital ordering systems, shipment delivery and processing, in store maintenance, product knowledge, communication and productivity tools.
- Research technology options and cost-effectively procure systems and tools to improve operations
- Influence at multiple levels, drive and facilitate long term and short term project planning affecting the entire retail organization.
- Own operations budget and KPIs to present to the rest of the leadership team
- Collaborate with internal supply chain team to ensure quality, retail pricing, delivery schedules and maximize efficiency
- Collaborating with cross-functional business partners to reduce friction points in both the field and customer experience
- Define rollout, training, and implementation plans to drive adoption and utilization that will meet or exceed expected outcomes
- Understand retail and cannabis trends, inclusive of knowledge of KPIs and metrics within a retail environment
- Develop a robust pricing, promotional, operational, and sales strategy
- Oversee internal retail mystery shop program and customer service issues
- Work with and influence our partners and internal cross functional teams to plan the in-store program/campaigns including providing guidelines to optimize sales, profit & improve ROI
- Lead cross-functional process improvement teams to identify, recommend and implement changes to enhance billing system and POS system response times.
- Effectively hire and lead team, bringing some areas in house as the company grows
- Perform other duties as necessary. Ad-hoc assignments as requested by retail leadership
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a retail operations support function.
- Cannabis experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or the equivalent in years of job-specific work experience.
- Willingness to travel as needed (up to 30%) and work across a variety of time zones.
- Familiarity with GSuite products, cell phones (texting, calling), electronic meeting tools, Microsoft Office products.
- Confident communicator, with presentation skills and the experience to present to leadership levels
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience in omni-channel support systems
- Track-record of leading dynamic and high-performing teams and collaborating with executives and cross-functional stakeholders
- Able to prioritize tasks and juggle responsibilities simultaneously
- Relentlessly resourceful and able to drive projects autonomously
- Comfort managing multiple projects simultaneously; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced environment towards hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and go get ‘em attitude about follow up.
- Ability to maintain a good sense of humor while building the rocket ship that is Cookies.
- A belief that TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees.
- Mission-based company + entrepreneurial work environment.
- Employee discount, company events, concerts, festivals + much more.
Cookies offers a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are looking for team members who are kind, driven, and who know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community, and quality.
As a minority-founded company we believe that diversity is our strength. We encourage all to apply and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. While our team and company-operated retail locations are primarily located in California, we are open to applicants who are willing to work West Coast business hours.
Come join our team!