The Retail Sales Lead Worker coordinates store operations, supporting and training the utility workers and cashiers. Assign the day’s work tasks to the Sales Associates and General Utility Workers; ensuring all preparations are completed in advance for the day ahead and that the team is on task for delivering superior guest service. Retail Sales Lead Workers are expected to serve as an example for the Retail Workers and General Utility Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering outstanding customer service, and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they will maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
- Perform all Sales Associate and General Utility Worker duties
- Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the team is aware of the day’s tasks, visiting VIPs, Be the Difference & Safety of the day and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations
- Retail Leads should be highly knowledgeable about the surrounding areas, acting as a concierge resource for all guests.
- Ensure all guests are greeted when they walk into the store
- Train Sales Associates and General Utility Workers in their role helping to develop a team of customer service focused professionals
- Ensure everything operates smoothly in the manager’s absence and that all customer relations issues are handled effectively
- Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner
- Keep an inventory of stock, noting any out-of-stock items or possible shortages
- Order merchandise and other items in appropriate quantities from warehouse and vendors to meet demand
- May be required to complete monthly safety inspections and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
- Must always ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere store
- Collect and compile daily cash and sales data from all outlets using Microsoft Excel and various Point of Sales and Property Management System software programs
- Lead all aspects of nightly close out and balance cash with daily sales at the end of the shift
- May perform nightly audit of cashier documentation
- Retail Leads assist management in scheduling all employees in accordance with labor budgets and assigning work tasks to the Sales Associates and General Utility Workers
- May assist with hiring General Utility Workers and Sales Associates
- May be required to coordinate, correct, supervise and submit payroll for the department, ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Mathematical skills are required to facilitate sales reports and audits
- Must be of legal age to work with alcohol
- Must provide proof of having earned a responsible alcohol training and certification program where applicable
- Must be flexible, willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
- Must be fluent in the native language, both spoken and written
- Must be computer literate in MS Office programs
- Ability to operate equipment such as Photocopier, Vacuum Cleaner, Calculator, Printer, Telephone, Computer, Point of Sale (POS) System
- Must be well groomed and always maintain a high level of professionalism
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).