Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Managers are in charge of the staff, operation, and presentation of their New Balance store. They inspire their team and set the tone, consistently demonstrating our core values of integrity, teamwork, and total customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain a "Total Customer Satisfaction" culture by ensuring your team is 100% trained on the NB GUEST service model
- Make the store your own! Set its strategic direction to reach sales and budget goals
- Hire awesome people to work with you and take ownership of their growth and development
- Think outside the box to boost store traffic and hit financial marks
- Execute weekly and monthly business rhythms and tasks to ensure your store runs smoothly
- Keep your store looking fresh by upholding visual merchandising standards
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities to build our brand within the communities we serve
- Analyze market trends in tandem with District Manager to effectively drive sales
- Maintain positive employee relations and open lines of communication throughout store
- Communicate with District Manager on coaching strategy and conflict resolution
- Conduct regular employee performance reviews to keep your team top notch
- Promote and follow safety protocols
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 3-6 years’ store management experience (some stores in high volume areas may require more)
- B.A. in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Proficiency with POS systems and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of how to develop staff through experience in staffing, coaching, counseling, etc.
- Knowledge of retail operations such as sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation, and loss prevention
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a thriving retail business, which may entail working on weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift: 4 lbs. constantly; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; move boxes of product up to 50 lbs (with assistance if necessary); stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently (depending on location)
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Flexible Work Schedule:
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Our corporate work-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we’ve designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.