This position’s key responsibilities include:
- Interviews, selectively hires, and trains staff for the retail location.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Coaches and manages performance of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees staff and fulfills staffing needs for regular hours, as well as special events or high-traffic times.
- Maintains and motivates a positive sales team through communication, incentives, and evaluations.
- Confirms daily sales reports and cash receipts; ensures monies are deposited regularly, and reports are submitted as prescribed by company policies.
- Addresses customer needs and resolves issues, ensuring positive and long-term customer relationships.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates sales, marketing, and budgeting with Vice President of DGR and Marketing.
- Oversees and maximizes retail budget and sales.
- Ensures inventory data is correct by performing spot inventory counts and checks.
- Collaborates with regional managers and owners to develop, coordinate, and identify cost-effective advertising and hiring strategies.
- Uses company software to research, analyze, and track purchases.
- Ensures that the store always looks clean and inviting.
- Places and rotates merchandise to attract positive attention from customers.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has excellent customer service skills. You do everything in your power to ensure the customer has a good experience.
- Communicates effectively. You excel when interacting with others.
- Is a charismatic leader. You know how to lead and inspire a team. You have experience coaching and engaging others to follow your direction.
- Loves how we roll as an organization. Not everybody will and we’re ok with that - Want to figure out if you MUST work with us? How do our Core Values make you feel?
- Own It - We are motivated and responsible for our actions and results.
- Dare to Excel - We are never done, we never settle, we never stand still. We push boundaries and think beyond the box.
- Be Bold, Be Courageous -When faced with a hurdle, we jump!
- Be Extraordinary -We exceed expectations of clients, customers, and colleagues.
- We Win Together -We collaborate & celebrate. We drive forward as one team towards our mission.
ROLE REQUIREMENTS (The stuff you must have)
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Business or related field preferred, but less formal education with more on-the-job experience may be substituted.
- At least five years of retail experience.
- Reliable vehicle with valid NYS driver’s license and the ability to travel to stores in Erie, Niagara and Genesee County.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines; ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to motivate staff.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move up to 50 pounds with no support regularly.
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion; i.e., tagging or hanging clothes. Manual dexterity is required.
Goodwill regularly evaluates our compensation and benefit packages to ensure we remain competitive. Starting pay will be based on a candidate’s experience, skills and education.
The salary range for this position is $55,341/yr--$65,000/yr