Retail Shift Supervisor
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Retail Manager, the Retail Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of Gift Shop services at the lodge so that each location receives the correct product.
- Supervises the receiving and tagging of all incoming merchandise.
- Assigns daily tasks to Gift Shop staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Oversees the moving of incoming merchandise to retail office, storage area(s) and/or display floor.
- Handles the storing of all incoming merchandise in assigned locations.
- Ensures correct pricing on all products on the floor.
- Maintains customer service standards.
- Cashiers when necessary to expedite the processing of guest's purchasing.
- Responsible for the recording of damaged merchandise.
- Merchandises the floor for maximum sale of all products.
- Works with team members to facilitate the stocking of the floor with appropriate levels of merchandise.
- Spearheads special projects (i.e. holidays, events, book signings, etc.) when necessary.
- Communicates with Retail Manager to insure that all received products are placed on the retail floor as soon as possible.
- Manages the maintenance of inventory level within guidelines established by General Manager and Retail Manager.
- Follow through with information to team members on new products or procedures utilizing the information book on the floor.
- Work with General Manager and Retail Manager to utilize complete productivity on the floor at all times.
- Interacts with customer for possible merchandising opportunities.
- Takes charge of unpacking and pricing of new merchandise.
- Conducts periodic inventory count based on schedule established by controller and retail buyer.
- Ensures that packing slips and invoices are reconciled by the retail clerk.
- Full understanding of the point of sale system
- Assists all lodge guests in any possible way
- Follows and implements all Wage and Hour standards/procedures; to include meal breaks and schedules.
- In partnership with the Retail Manager, schedules Gift Shop staff on a weekly basis and determines appropriate break schedules to maximize floor coverage and customer service.
- Trains new hires on POS system, overall safety and job responsibilities
- Follows, implements, and follows up all emergency procedures.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Front Desk manager.
Status and Scope:
- Reports to Retail Manager
- Telephone, computer, Micros POS System
Travel Requirements: None
- MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- BENDING FREQUENT
- KEYING/FINGERING FREQUENT
- HEARING CONSTANT
- REACHING FREQUENT
- SEEING CONSTANT
- SPEAKING CONSTANT
- STANDING CONSTANT
- WALKING CONSTANT
- LIFTING FREQUENT
- Two years experience in a like employment
Aramark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veteran.