Retail Sales Lead
As a Retail Sales Lead for our Rochester, MN, territory, you will drive our future with confidence by uncovering incremental selling opportunities. This is a great development opportunity to further your career growth. Joining a high performing inclusive team, we are here to set you up for success. With an owner’s mindset, you will collaborate with our account teams and retail partners while growing your territory by selling-in our delicious brands.
We are looking to you to take a fact-based data driven approach to growing your business. Working in a warehouse delivery model, you will strive to become the partner of choice. You’re here to help us bring the best to families - all while building your expertise and network. Help us to chart the direction for sales transformation work!
The ideal candidate will reside within 45 miles of the center of this territory Rochester, MN.
- This is a salaried position with quarterly bonus opportunity and Gr-r-reat benefits to include medical insurance, 401k, PTO and Holidays.
- Fleet Program Information: You will be eligible for one of our Fleet Program options. Choose your own option!
- Company Car Program provides a Ford Escape along with insurance and a gas card
- Auto Vehicle Reimbursement allows you to choose what you drive and be reimbursed for business use of your own vehicle.
- Mobile Program Information: You will receive a $65 monthly stipend for cell phone usage.
Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by the end of 2023. After this portfolio transformation journey is complete, this role will support WK Kellogg Co., a leading food company in the U.S., Canada, and Caribbean with a portfolio of iconic, world-class brands. Learn more about our bold next steps at UnleashingOurPotential.com.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Selling, negotiating, and executing business plans – This position will partner with key decision makers in store accounts. Leveraging business intelligence data, you will create a selling story to drive the business for your customers and Kellogg.
- Drive Results – You will be responsible for delivering on key metrics such as POS (Point of Sale) budget, call coverage, and maintaining “perfect shelf” strategy … just to name a few.
- Patience + Persistence = Profit – It’s time to put your can-do attitude and diverse experience to the test. You’ll be a champion for Kellogg by implementing creative ideas and innovative solutions to overcome roadblocks, selling within the grocery landscape.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Analytics…Oh My – Showcase your knowledge working with these applications to create a compelling sales story at every store.
- Nimble Learning – We will invest in you. Owning your career by completing ongoing developmental training throughout the year.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Access to an approved* personal smartphone with Android or IOS operating system connected to a cellular network while working
- Fundamental technology skills such as Microsoft Office Applications
- Learning agility
- Robust problem solving, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated use of excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Work requires long periods of walking, standing, bending, or carrying moderately heavy items (20-25 pounds) with or without reasonable accommodations. An extended work schedule could be asked which may include some night, weekend and early morning hours
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDayscommitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s create the future of food