WHO ARE WE?
The Creative Operations team gets things done. We are process nerds and proud of it! We love to-do lists, checking boxes and making sure everyone knows what they have to do, and by when. Our minds are curious, and we thrive on creating order out of chaos. We continually strive to improve the way work is done within the creative teams by creating structure and process for each of our unique projects. We operate cross-functionally to connect the dots and ensure that each project is moving ahead successfully. Basically we're the Jarvis to the creative team’s Iron Man, making sure their vision is brought to life in the best quality possible and within budget. If you LOVE organization, have a sense of humor and are dog fanatics, come join us!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team to oversee Licensing, Brand Partnerships and Retail Customers as we develop and launch new product lines for our retail business. Reporting to the Director of Creative Operations, this is an opportunity to take on a leadership role within the Retail division of the BARK business. The right candidate will possess a curious mind and thrive on organization and process development. They will enjoy learning about new functions and developing new processes to address the challenges of scaling new business initiatives. They will have exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills to support working across multiple departments and communication with both internal and external teams. The right candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, detail oriented, and comfortable managing priorities on multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced cross-functional environment. And, of course, the right candidate will be passionate about creating the best dog products in the world.
- Project Manage all licensing and partnership programs for our Retail business from initial brief through to final delivery across multiple departments including, but not limited to, Merchandising, Design, Operations, Sourcing, Retail, and Marketing.
- Identify project scope, create timelines and project plans with relevant departments and track progress to ensure each project is completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Partner closely with VP of Licensing and Director of Partnerships to assess and implement the contractual needs associated with each partnership. Overseeing the process of bringing license and partner programs to life in a timely and on brand manner.
- Review campaign briefs to extrapolate and consolidate key details to share with relevant internal teams, creating clear, actionable assignments and timelines.
- Set project milestones and deadlines and closely monitor all aspects of project progress.
- Identify, prevent, and manage risks throughout each project lifecycle, keeping stakeholders informed throughout the duration of the project.
- Manage the review and approval process with external partners, tracking and submitting approvals for various departments (e.g. design, marketing, sourcing), and communicating feedback to relevant parties.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including internal teams and partners, providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant Project Management experience
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, out of the box thinking to get things done Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Good at building and maintaining relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and prioritize deadlines for yourself and others
- Proficiency in reading contracts and interpreting contractual requirements Proficiency in project management tools, monday.com a plus
- Well-organized, proactive, and detail oriented
- A self-starter and team player
- Someone who thrives on making order out of chaos, excited to jump into a new area of BARK’s business and own and develop the processes related to scaling the licensing business further
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.