Retail Pricing Analyst
Develop and implement category pricing strategies that achieve category management objectives and overall company financial and market positioning goals. Work cross functionally with Merchandising team to develop pricing strategies to meet category financial targets, maintain pricing positioning, create appropriate rule sets and competitive index targets while improving consumer price image.
- Work cross functionally with Merchandising, OwnBrands, Business Insights, Marketing and Pricing Leadership teams to lead the development of regular and promotional category pricing strategies for all center store categories. Maintain and execute a pricing review schedule based on the merchandising team’s category review schedule, category importance and category contribution.
- Price Optimization Software Super User: Schedule, validate and load all competitive price check data for each category optimization. Provide analysis of competitive relationships, current & historic sales data, and cross elasticity relationships within each category.
- Build multiple category scenarios to validate pricing strategy (regular and promo) execution aligns with category roles and objectives.
- Develop optimal pricing rule sets and determine competitive index objectives. Present findings and recommendations to CM, upon approval send changes to retail. Develop scenario forecasting to be used for post implementation measurement.
- Use price optimization software and in-house measurement data to complete post implementation scenario analysis to validate forecasts vs. category objective working closely with CM. Perform scenario analysis on mature category pricing, report results with appropriate recommendations, adjusting as necessary. Develop trend driven reporting metrics on key categories to create and guide future and current pricing strategies.
- Use KSS to forecast the impact of commodity cost increases to sales, profitability, and margin, determine the optimal retail price by zone. Use KSS to forecast the impact to sales, profitability and margin of pricing adjustments made on items between category reviews and the impact of different promotional strategies by category for the merchandising team
- Provide Support to retail hosting department as directed.
- Analyzes pricing trends and strategies against sales, profit unit movement, price perception objectives and goals.
- Participates in strategic planning for the pricing department, which includes setting yearly department and personal goals.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required
- Three years’ experience in business analytics, retail analytics, or related area preferred; grocery experience a plus
- Ability to function independently
- Strong analytic skills (data collection, aggregation, and insights generation for decision-making) required
- Excel-Brio, SQL, etc.
- Understanding of retail pricing strategies
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Advanced Computer Skills
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our People First culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.