Retail Operations Lead
Reporting to the Business Operations Program Manager, the Retail Operations Lead will maintain and develop the retail sales performance reporting infrastructure for the Company.
This position requires collaboration with all members of the team. Candidates must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment, are comfortable working with large amounts of data, have excellent analytical and communication skills, thrive in a high-performance culture, be willing to take on broader projects, think proactively and possess good business sense.
- As a member of the Retail Operations team, you will drive the creation, implementation and roll-out of new programs, processes and systems within our retail stores (corporate and franchise stores).
- Function as a liaison between the Support Office and stores by influencing and supporting future strategies and tactics for cross-functional partners and retail
- Responsible for process optimization at the store and support office level
- Responsible for program and process evolution: setting key deliverables and measurables, cross-functional alignment, writing communication, creating content, implementation and follow up and gathering feedback
- Escalate and drive the solution of in the moment/urgent operational issues that impact stores
- Create standard operating procedures for all areas of the Store Architecture
- Manage the varied day-to-day support needs of our retail stores, ensuring that all in-store operational processes are operating as expected
- Support and own Retail Operations led projects, as well as cross-functional support and participate on other departments projects
- Support in rolling out and leading store pilots
- Develop programs and processes that address operational gaps in retail stores, as well as identifying opportunities and risks to projects and roll-outs.
- Work closely with retail communications and the retail operations calendar to ensure that programs and projects are delivered and communicated to the right teams at the right time
- Building relationships and communication channels between various stakeholder groups, including: Franchise Partners, Compliance, Marketing and Community, Product and Inventory Management, Finance, Training, and Store Maintenance
- Continuously training and educating the stores on optimizing and managing key programs, as well as partnering with retail training to create processes and programs that are easily trainable and digestible
- Ensure that customer experience is consistent across all stores through the development of retail standards and guidelines
- Respond to queries (phone, email, in-person) from store managers and other store staff on operational related items
- Visit stores on regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited university
- 2-5 years of retail operations experience
- A detail oriented mind and incredible time management skills
- Experience in building, launching and maintaining large-scale projects
- Advanced MS Office skills with a particular focus in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - must be able to communicate effectively to operations management and produce effective reports
- Accountable self-starter – must be able to recognize needs, formulate a response, build consensus and initiate action
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Solid decision-making skills with the ability to understand and assess business needs and risk
- This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, ON.
- We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
- Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
- Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.