Retail Marketing Manager
The Retail Marketing Manager Develops the necessary strategies and programs required to attract and engage consumers, reach/exceed financial goals and build the Clarks brand by driving traffic, revenue and maximizing efficiencies within the retail marketing channel. Plan, execute and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs to deliver revenue growth and exceptional consumer experience.
The successful individual will possess the following characteristics: clear and concise communication skills, strong attention-to-detail and ability to manage a project from inception to completion, and a can-do attitude. Individuals should look for ways to bring fresh ideas to retail marketing to excite consumers and drive consistent traffic to our owned and operated stores.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and VP of Retail to develop and activate the retail marketing strategy.
- Develop programs to drive traffic and sales to Clarks Americas full-price and outlet stores with a focus on digital tactics.
- Look for ways to incentivize our loyal Clarks consumers through our in-store loyalty program. Develop programs to reach our existing consumer while also attracting new consumers for future growth opportunity.
- Own and drive the regional trade planning calendar by partnering with functional input teams and incorporating global and regional direction.
- Collaborate with BU Marketing and Global Marketing counterparts to ensure Americas retail needs are considered in development of creative assets.
- Develop and manage the monthly in-store communication package to support campaign activation, visual marketing direction and sales opportunities.
- Develop and deliver direct retail marketing campaign programming, creative brief and communications on time and with excellence.
- Collaborate with ecommerce/digital marketing to deliver cohesive and coordinated consumer communication and promotional strategies and tactics.
- Develop, execute, optimize and evaluate mall/local/store marketing opportunities ensuring they fall within financial budgets.
- Coordinate with retail operations and merchandising teams to deliver effective field communication and direction while seeking continuous improvement opportunities and ensure brand and product stories come to life in retail stores.
- Ensure annual budget is adhered to and look for opportunities to optimize budget and maximize ROI.
- Balance brand marketing and commercial marketing messages to ensure we drive sales while also moving the brand forward.
- Report out on performance of Retail Marketing initiatives to leadership.
What You’ll Bring with You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- 3-5 years of previous retail marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Strong and effective creative project management and ability to lead and direct internal and external resources
- Clearly demonstrated ability to organize and deliver time sensitive projects independently
- Budget management and demonstrated ability to work within budget parameters to deliver projects on or under-budget
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (proven ability to manage up and across a matrixed org)
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities
- Ability to think through options and make recommendations
- Inquisitive mind and drive to continuously improve on past results
- Stay up-to-date on new marketing trends and technologies and have a pulse on the competitive landscape
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker/problem-solver
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we’re proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all – bringing to life Clarks’ new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we’re ready to lead the way. After all, we’re originators, not imitators. It’s who we are, who we’ve always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we’re doing things differently today.
As a global employer, Clarks is committed to embracing diversity throughout our workforce by creating an inclusive environment that reflects the many cultures and locations where we work. We strive to create a productive environment which everyone has an equal chance to succeed at all levels through the organisation. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, age ,disability, marital status, color, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment’, complying with local legislative requirements.