Meaningful Work From Day One:
Manages and directs all aspects of the Woodford Reserve Distillery Retail operation with a goal of driving profit and delivering an engaging, super premium brand experience for all guests. Develops retail strategy, responsible for ensuring the gift shop and eCommerce store meet brand and business goals and are aligned in all branding of Woodford Reserve products, visual merchandising and communications. Highly motivated with a strong focus on bottle sales. Serves as the primary buyer and product developer, building and maintaining strong vendor relationships, meeting all compliance and licensing requirements. Directly responsible for the retail P&L, builds sales forecasts, partners with brand in securing product allocations, oversees the inventory of product and merchandise Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with all homeplace departments to create synergies in the guest experience across all homeplace touchpoints. Partners as an advisor with brand, homeplace and Direct to Consumer partners on strategy and offerings based on consumer purchasing trends.
Responsibilities include direct personnel management, development of standard operating procedures and processes for the retail department, loss prevention, physical inventory, proper cash management, merchandising, customer service, regulatory and responsibility measures, and any other duties as assigned.
What You Can Expect:
- Direct financial responsibility and accountability for Woodford Reserve Distillery retail budget and P&L.
- Develops monthly and annual reporting models that keep the management team apprised of financial results as well as the overall activity of the Retail department
- Utilizes analytics to make data driven business decisions
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships, researches and develops new vendor relationships
- Oversees the full retail department. Manages, leads and motivates direct reports, directly supervising Retail Lead and Inventory Lead
- Provides directional leadership for the full retail team, ensuring an engaged and fully trained team
- Conducts performance evaluations for direct reports
- Responsible for coaching and developing team members to perform job duties and providing developmental direction as needed
- Works with Retail Lead to develop staffing schedule, approves each staffing schedule based on adequate coverage and budget
- Addresses employee issues effectively and appropriately
- Communicates brand and operational updates to the retail team
- Functions as backup in Operation Managers absence in all retail operations areas
- Performs Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities
- Works closely with brand, homeplace and Direct to Consumer partners to advise on Direct to Consumer strategy and offerings, leveraging in-store data and consumer purchasing trends.
- Develops homeplace retail strategy in collaboration with homeplace leadership to achieve short and long-term financial and brand building goals, maintaining tight alignment with brand strategy
- Oversees and ensures smooth operation of all areas of daily retail operations
- Responsible for all purchasing, writing orders, managing allocations, maintaining adequate inventory levels at all times
- Responsible for reporting of daily, monthly, yearly department analytics to Operation Manager analyzes daily numbers , and maintains operational spreadsheets for Operation Manager’s review
- Develops spreadsheets and keeps accurate records of key events, impacts, and notable happenings within retail operation
- Troubleshoots and resolves retail software and equipment issues
- Processes departmental invoices for payment
- Ensures highly accurate inventory management and processes for the team by auditing adjustments, RTV’s , receiving, orders, transactions, on a regular basis
- Monitors inventory levels, tracks discrepancies, and properly remedies issues promptly and correctly
- Manages the planning, preparation, and execution of yearly physical inventory
- Ensures cycle counts are being performed regularly and proper action is taken with results
- Develops visual merchandising plans with Retail Lead and presents to Operations Manager for approval
- Participates in execution and operation of events
- Provides back up sales floor and back-end support as needed including daily operational functions, opening and closing procedures, and inventory processing Retail Team Training and SOP development:
- Develops retail team training plans
- Ensures all laws and rules are being always followed by all team members
- Develops topics for and assists in leading morning meetings for retail team
- Attends Brown-Forman training sessions when applicable and as well as attends regular management meetings
Visitor Experience and Sales, as needed:
- Assists guests on the sales floor and provides exceptional customer service.
- Discusses and educates visitors on the Woodford Reserve brand, history, product portfolio and merchandise
- Answers customer questions and resolves customer issues
- Always provides excellent customer service
- Accurately completes transactions and guarantees proper handling and security of money and merchandise
We Are Looking For People Who:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associates Degree with experience requirement AND a minimum of 5 years of direct people management
- Minimum of 4 years of retail experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of visual merchandising experience (merchandise planning, floor sets, developing and/or following schematics/plan-o-grams)
- Minimum of 2 years of direct inventory management, reconciliation, adjustments, auditing, and investigation experience is a must.
- Minimum of 1 year eCommerce experience
- Must have at least 3 years of large-volume, direct inventory management experience. Warehouse management is a plus.
- 2 years of allocation and merchandise planning experience
- Expert understanding of “front-end” and “back-end” retail operational processes
- Direct P&L and budget management experience
- Proficient in spreadsheet and chart creation, graphing, and reporting (Google Sheets and Excel)
- Confident in analyzing numbers, sales, trends, budgets, and the ability to accurately develop spreadsheets and documents to report critical information.
- Strong understanding of retail mathematical skills.
- Must have proven leadership managing multiple employees with strong skills
- including: managing, coaching, scheduling, directing, and providing feedback for an engaged team.
- Strong technology skills with ability to quickly learn to systems and processes and proficiently manage various software programs
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High accountability with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment while under pressure
- STAR Certification (can be completed upon hire)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to lift and carry from the ground to waist height up to 50 pounds regularly, move and occasionally lift 100+lbs with assistance, bend and reach
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required.
- Physical activity on a regular basis is required
What Makes You Unique:
- Retail experience in the spirits industry preferred
- Knowledge of Woodford Reserve product portfolio and history
- Experience with Corel Draw and/or engraving machines
- Knowledge or experience with Retail Pro
- Product development and sourcing
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical skills, with specialized knowledge of inventory management calculations
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High accountability
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate rules, knowledge of our products, and history
- Able to operate retail software and troubleshoot minor technology issues
- Able to operate engraver and Corel Draw
- Ability to work well with others, build a strong team dynamic, and contribute positively to the Woodford Reserve Team
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.