Retail Learning Specialist
As a Retail Learning Specialist at Mejuri, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and facilitating engaging learning experiences to support retail teams. Reporting to the Director of Growth and Development, the successful candidate will support the retail audience by bringing learning programs to life, thoughtfully balancing learner needs while increasing speed to market for “just in time learning”. As a Team, our mission is to build a collaborative and high performing workforce through innovative personal and professional development programs. To do this, we design, develop + implement strategic L&D and change management initiatives that align with rapid growth and annual business objectives. We hold an approach and operate from the intersection of learning, coaching and org development, harnessing insights and often delivering ahead of them through provocative partnering and robust relationships.
What you'll do:
- Facilitating in person, virtual and blended onboarding programs for new store openings.
- Coordinating, and evaluating ad hoc training requests from retail staff to improve store experiences
- Delivering learning solutions that improve performance or upskill current retail employees by delivering 'just in time' learning solutions.
- Expanding and administering foundational learning programs to ensure all retail employees are set up for success with both the technical and soft skills required to excel in their roles.
- Maintain the accuracy of existing retail programs as the business evolves, through cross functional communication with Stakeholders.
- Working with internal partners and subject matter experts to differentiate and recommend instruction based on the performance needs of the retail client group.
- Coordinating and maintaining appropriate ad-hoc assets to support various learning formats (eLearning, mLearning, VILT, apps, web-enabled tools, Self-paced, ILT, Performance Support, etc.)Organizing, scheduling, and coordinating training logistics.
- Supporting urgent, unforeseen, or evolving business needs.
- Actively listening and proactively suggesting new ideas to refine programs through empathy and observation
What you bring to the team:
- Has completed training in Learning facilitation or Education fundamentals by way of recognized certification, or possesses equivalent in-store experience.
- Has experience facilitating learning experiences to Retail audiences using various formats, such as asynchronous eLearning, virtual training, and onsite Instructor Led Training for diverse audience needs.
- Proven track record of proactively presenting ideas, suggestions and challenges to partners and stakeholders to support the attainment of retail KPIs and an optimal learning experience.
- Has basic understanding of LMS operations and how to manage user enrolments, schedule live sessions, and pull reports.
- Has the ability to independently manage multiple priorities at a time whilst delivering high quality implementations and communicating timely updates with stakeholders.
- Facilitation experience with a retail audience.
- The ability to travel frequently, and as determined by the business.
- Support retail expansion through on the job training, coordination of offsite training, and an awareness of retail KPIs.
Things we consider an asset:
- Exposure to learning design frameworks and models (ex. ADDIE) to design measurable learning results is considered an asset.
- Experience with using project management and or workflow tools (ex Jira, Asana, Notion) to organize a high volume of deliverable timelines and ad hoc requests.
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.