Retail Inventory Specialist
Ethos Cannabis is a multi-state cannabis company with operations in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland and Ohio and we are pursuing expansion opportunities. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis.
Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for our vertically integrated operations in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets and have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015. Our leadership at Ethos Cannabis has experience developing and leading successful cannabis operators in the U.S.
The Retail Inventory Specialist will report to the Area Manager and assist in executing inventory controls, ensuring inventory accuracy, and continuously improving inventory standards. The Retail Inventory Specialist will oversee physical and virtual inventory practices for the market and ensure retail inventory deliverables are met. The role will also assist with the hiring and training of retail fulfillment teams, identify team and individual development needs, and drive course correction efforts when needed.
The team member has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated leadership experience, as he or she will be given responsibility over the inventory management of our business to deliver a best-in-class and innovative cannabis retail experience. Previous cannabis experience is a plus but not required; however, all candidates should have some familiarity and comfortability with cannabis.
- Develop and maintain inventory standards, procedures, SOPs and training documentation to ensure quality and consistency within retail vaults
- Audit physical and virtual receipt, transfer, and return of cannabis products and accessories and serve as initial point of contact for issue escalation
- Observe and participate in retail inventory practices and analyze store-specific data to identify process improvement opportunities and recommend a plan of action to address gaps
- Collaborate with store leadership to assist with hiring and training of vault teams and to evaluate team and individual performance and development needs
- Liaison with Marketing and Supply Chain teams to develop and execute menu standards and highlight our house brands on our online menus and our retail stores
- Support retail stores in carrying out promotions and discount programs with consistency across the state as well as when needed at the store level to drive inventory turnover
- Ensure teams are reporting variances in a timely manner to compliance and CCC if necessary.
- Research variance/discrepancies and assist in developing best practices to eliminatethese instances.
- Maintain compliance with all Company policies, standards, values, and procedures
- 3-5 years of inventory management experience; preferably in a retail dispensary
- Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs
- Experience in and/or understanding inventory management and reconciliation
- Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties
Capabilities and Skills:
- Open Availability/Full availability. Works nights and weekends.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Strong track record of accomplishing/exceeding business objectives
- Proficiency in computer usage including inventory management and retail point-of-sale software, all MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret key performance metrics, and read, analyze, and interpret reports relating to inventory performance metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
- Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching is possible
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass stringent state background test requirements
This position is classified as non-exempt and is eligible for overtime pay.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.