As a member of Sunnyside’s Retail Merchandising team, your mission will be to create value for our Ohio stores by having the right product in the right place at the right time. You will work collaboratively with our Planners, Regional Directors, Retail Managers, and the cannabis industry’s best companies and have access to leading-edge Business Intelligence tools which inform your data-driven decision making on the best products for Sunnyside.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage day-to-day purchasing activities by monitoring levels of product and proactively purchasing to ensure dispensaries are adequately stocked with the number of appropriate and applicable SKUs
- Develops & maintains strong working relationships with 3rd party cultivators and manufacturers to purchase cannabis products for our Ohio dispensaries. Known for being responsive, friendly, and always seeking mutual value.
- Analyzes data from multiple sources to identify the best-selling brands and strains/flavors, informing the localized Inventory purchase plan by dispensary
- Maintains a promotional calendar, including when to run store-specific markdowns on slow-moving, over-stocked, or aged products
- Maintains a purchase and delivery schedule for both Cresco and 3rd party, ensuring our dispensaries are always stocked with appropriate days of supply.
- Work with Finance and Procurement to ensure PO's are submitted and payments are timely.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure Sunnyside inventory strategy is in best service of both retail and wholesale needs
- Awareness of industry trends and new manufacturers, so you’re able to identify the best new products to bring into Sunnyside. Educate Retail Dispensary Managers on new products.
- Collaborates with Pricing & Promotions Team to complete costing and ROI analysis to design promotions with 3rd-party vendors, enabling win-win for Cresco & partner
- Works closely with Planners to ensure compliance with governing & regulatory bodies, such as managing inventory allocation caps.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of retail buying, merchandising, planning, or related experience
- Understanding of procurement, logistics, and inventory management practices
- Strong analytical skills and experience making fact-based decisions with data
- Strong data skills within Excel. Tableau or Power BI experience a plus
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task and operate in a pressured, fast-paced environment
- Strong cannabis product knowledge preferred, plus a proactive willingness to learn more about the industry as it grows and evolves
- Must be comfortable developing a strong understanding of and complying with all cannabis laws, rules and regulations
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.