Retail Brand Manager
Responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans and programs for key digital Channel Partners by balancing brand objectives and brand integrity with sales goals. Plans will reflect the nature of the brand while driving demand across key markets/segments and the sell-in/sell-through of Carhartt product. This role helps to define and drive the digital Carhartt shopping journey across our key digital Channel Partners by championing the brand experience in ways that make it easier for hardworking people to find and buy our rugged products. As a result, this role will also provide digital strategy council/expertise to their peers in retail marketing as well as external agency management to support the digital marketing plans and programs Carhartt executes with the rest of the Retail account base.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product, Planning and internal Marketing partners in an effort to manage the transformation of the Brand Marketing strategy into key digital accounts, specific 3-year/annual plans and seasonal go-to-market execution
- Act as a single point of contact with key Channel accounts, collaborating and cultivating relationships with these partners to manage effective ROI driving integrated marketing plans
- Plan, develop, implement and manage retail strategies designed to drive traffic and revenue, increase brand awareness and penetrate multiple consumer segments
- Manage complex marketing programs that cross multiple account departments, business categories and marketing vehicles
- Provide direction to lead digital marketing spend and support partner Sales Representatives with product sell-thru
- Partner with Brand Marketing to align with brand strategies
- Collaborate with the rest of Carhartt’s digital advertising and data science teams to develop goals, dashboards and reporting cadence for owned digital media channels
- Work directly with Retail Marketing Brand Managers providing subject matter expertise in digital strategies within their accounts, sharing best practices and successful campaign executions
- Implement, monitor and help optimize an account planning process to drive revenue, increase brand and product awareness with targeted consumer segments and support corporate sales and Marketing initiatives
- Plan, track and measure the annual Marketing budgets of key digital Channel Partners by reporting return on investment (ROI) for all major marketing programs on a quarterly, seasonal, and annual review basis to ensure revenue goals are being achieved
- Act as liaison between Sales, Planning and Marketing, helping to lead the development and activation of creative, media, online and social media tools and other custom programming
- Works cross functionally to strategize 3-year vision; ability to present and update executive level leadership on plans, programs and KPI’s
- Mid-to-high level complexity of accounts requiring strong communication amongst teams to create plans and strategy requiring understanding of business acumen
- Stay up to date on the fast changing and ever-evolving digital media and commerce strategies and trends, while continually leveraging new tools and industry best practices to boost efficacy of campaigns and grow the Carhartt Brand in collaboration with our wholesale retailers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Marketing or Business Administration
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of digital marketing and/or commerce experience; at least 3 years in eCommerce, Direct Response Media/Marketing or Retail Marketing/Agency Account Management experience
- Strong background with the apparel, retail, and/or consumer product industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proven track record of developing and presenting a compelling marketing strategy and content presentation at a buyer/marketing manager level meeting. Comfortable with executive/leadership presence
- Strategic and creative thinker with the vision to push beyond what has already been accomplished
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making, with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Ability to understand and report on advertising data and rich media, HTML and Flash advertising units. Google, MSN/Bing search advertising)
- PPC certification preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of accounts, channels, consumers, and competitive set relevant to assigned account partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with accounts, agencies, and external resources
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload with attention to detail under tight deadlines.
- Office Environment
- Travel (25%)
- Remote location: Associate will have no regular requirement to be on-site. Travel on-site is limited to special events.
- Tobacco Free