Retail Assistant Store Manager
Join our team and live the Ollie-tude!: (Ollie’s Core Values)
- BE A TEAM PLAYER- Associates are expected to be supportive and work together.
- BE CARING- How do I treat others with courtesy, dignity, and respect?
- BE VALUE OBSESSED- Live the “good stuff cheap” mindset.
- BE COMMITTED- Operate with grit, passion, tenacity, and action.
- BE GROWING- How do we get better every day?
- BE REAL- Associates should be honest, transparent, genuine, trustworthy, and sincere.
Ollie’s Associate Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and RX coverage begins after 90 Days of employment
- 401K, Company match begins at Associate enrollment
- FSA/HSA (Flexible & Health Savings Account), ways to reduce your taxable income; set aside pre-tax dollars to cover out-of pocket healthcare and dependent care costs
- Strong field sales career growth & talent development culture for top performers
- 20% Associate discount on all Ollie’s purchases.
The Assistant Team Leader provides leadership for the successful operation of the entire front-end of store. Ollie’s ATL Ollie’s ATL helps lead a retail sales team that’s passionate about selling merchandise and ensures a good customer experience. Responsibilities include Associate development, customer service, asset protection and store maintenance.
- Assist the Store Team Leader with managing payroll budgets, expenses, store banking, shrink reduction, and the timely completion of related reports to ensure financial and operational goals are met.
- Demonstrates Ollie’s “Yes I Care, Yes I Can” behaviors in providing exceptional Associate and Customer service experiences; makes sure all company standards are consistently demonstrated in every Associate and Customer interaction
- Ensure that store standards and company programs meet all operational expectations.
- Ensure that the front-end, entrance, and exterior of the building are maintained properly.
- Ensure that all Associates are provided daily tasks and are being productive.
- Perform all Team Leader functions to open and close the store when needed.
- Assist with maintaining the proper hiring, recruiting, interviewing, selection, and onboarding of candidates to ensure the staffing needs of the store are continually met.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate or bachelor’s degree related to Business Management preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ retail management experience with a mid to large size retailer
- Schedule flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holiday seasonal on a regular basis
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and work in a safe manner.
Ollie’s is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, veteran’s status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Management experience with these companies translates well to this opportunity: Walmart, 5 Below, Burlington Stores, Big Lots, Dollar General, Rural King, Gabes, Dicks Sporting Goods and Bed Bath and Beyond just to name a few.