Retail Area Manager
The Retail Area Manager of Sunnyside* Northwest Florida reports to the Regional Director and is responsible for day-to-day oversight of multiple dispensaries and their teams within the state. The candidate will be one of four Area Managers for our state of Florida Retail operation, and the position location will cover our northwest area. They are expected to help ensure delivery of a profitable business which supports Cresco Labs’ mission to normalize, professionalize and revolutionize the marijuana industry; each Area Manager will oversee five to eight Sunnyside* dispensaries. They ensure their dispensaries achieve or exceed all key-metrics and goals by driving profitable sales growth throughout all aspects of the dispensary including customer acquisition and loyalty, merchandising, operations, and talent development. They are also the link between the Sunnyside* brand’s vision and how it comes to life by supporting Dispensary Managers and their teams.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Build and sustain a high-performing team through dispensary management selection, onboarding, coaching and clear accountability for results.
- Assess team performance, identify skill gaps and ensure key resources, trainings or procedures are implemented to support the needs of the teams and the efficient and compliant operation of the assigned dispensaries.
- Partner with Human Resources and the Regional Director to maintain talent retention and bench plans; deep dive with dispensary team members to understand their future career aspirations.
- Prioritize and delegate responsibilities to managers, setting clear expectations across all roles while ensuring a safe environment.
- Develop, coach, and inspire employees to achieve individual and team goals through regular feedback inclusive of recurring performance discussions and career development planning.
- Respond to all manager’s questions, concerns or suggestions and communicate what resources are needed to the Regional Director; seek feedback and provide timelines for resolution and/or implementation.
- Partner with Human Resources to investigate and resolve concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure employees are knowledgeable of any regulatory changes, providing consistent coaching across guest experience, product knowledge and regulatory compliance.
- Champion innovation and adaptability in a dynamic environment.
- Ensure customer/patient experience aligns with company vales of providing access to consistent high-quality marijuana and marijuana knowledge.
- Maintain and build customer loyalty through key business partner relationships and by responding to escalated customer/patient inquiries.
- Provide regular updates, feedback, and solutions to the Regional Director and other cross-functional leadership across all areas of dispensary operations, driving success while problem-solving in an evolving industry.
- Drive profitable sales by leading a group of dispensary managers to effectively forecast the business, schedule to meet the demand, provide outstanding customer service and fully execute all programs and initiatives.
- Partner with Human Resources, Compliance, Security, Employees Health & Safety, Marketing, and IT on company initiatives.
- Analyze business metrics to create, implement and communicate action plans which promote growth and continuous improvement of dispensary operations.
- Achieve sales objectives by creating and monitoring performance of sales and inventory plans by influencing marketing materials, maintaining online platforms and inventory controls.
- Partner with Regional Buyer to enhance product lines by identifying new cultivators/vendors, and/or products, and supports inventory level management inside dispensaries.
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide information to help increase market share.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies, procedures, state and local laws.
- Serve as point of contact for state regulators and local authorities, overseeing inspections or audits.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained in assigned dispensaries for all activities including daily cash reconciliations, guest records, sales, deliveries and returns in accordance with the state regulatory agency and the standards set by Company.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of Retail Management Experience, preferably in a high-growth or fast-paced environment with multiple site responsibility.
- Prior experience successfully managing teams in multiple retail locations
- Managing performance of leaders with a focus on coaching, training and developing talent to grow their careers and drive results
- Establish strategic goals and work with business partners and stakeholders to monitor and act to drive the achievement of company and individual performance through KPI’s and other metrics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with strength in use of Excel.
- Available to travel regularly between dispensary locations with the state of Florida
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and teach others technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner.
- Strong business acumen including data management, attention to detail, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, adaptability, and sense of urgency.
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.