Research & Insights Lead
As Research & Insights Lead you play a vital role providing data-driven insights, research, and analysis to support the Integrated Marketing Team and Client Services functions at Her Campus Media. You will conduct proactive market and audience research via a variety of methodologies to develop timely and actionable insights that can be leveraged in pre-sale strategy and help create strong proposals and B2B marketing comms for our client services teams. You will also own all audience surveys, brand lift studies, and perform statistical analyses that are part of the data-driven solutions we provide for our clients. In the campaign wrap phase, you will partner with stakeholders to develop recaps that analyze and storytell our campaign results in compelling and insightful ways.
A quantitative and analytical background is essential, as is the ability to work independently and master a variety of technical tools. This role reports directly to the Director of Integrated Marketing (Strategy) and works closely with the heads of Sales, Activation, and Digital/Ad Ops teams.
- Conduct proactive market and audience research to collect granular first-party Gen Z insights for strategy team
- Translate audience research raw data into compelling actionable insights and trends to support sales and marketing deliverables
- Own audience surveys, brand lift studies, and other data analysis projects as part of client campaign activation
- Support campaign recap phase by storytelling data and results in a compelling way
- Maintain campaign performance data and benchmarks, regularly managing and communicating updates to the team as needed
- Create documentation, processes, and best practices for working with data in the context of Integrated Marketing team functions
- Serve as a central point of contact and resource for audience and industry news and trends; intake, organize, and share for relevant parties on a regular basis
- Create presentation materials to support company B2B research & insights events such as GenZology
- Partner with other departments as needed to support data analysis needs adjacent to Integrated Marketing functions
We believe the following will set you up for success in this role. If you don't have all of these qualifications, please still consider applying and tell us more about what makes you a great candidate! We value unique perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree (or other college degree) with a focus in business, marketing/market research, psychology, statistics or sociology preferred.
- 2-4+ years of hands-on experience conducting primary research (agency or client-side)
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods; strong analytical abilities
- Experience programming, fielding and analyzing survey data via research fielding platforms like Survey Monkey and/or Qualtrics a must
- Expert at manipulating and working with raw data sets in Google Sheets
- Passion for understanding Gen Z consumer behavior and infusing their voice into client and leadership interactions and presentations
- Curious professional able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Experience socializing insights at all levels of an organization, including leadership
- Creative and deductive thinker with the ability to synthesize key insights from multiple sources into actionable insights
- Excited about working in a startup environment
- Experience moderating focus groups a plus
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s skills, experience, and other factors.
Interview Process & Expectations
To apply, click the “I’m interested” button to upload your resume and submit a cover letter as well as any portfolio materials you have if applicable.
Our timeline is to make a hire by May 2023. You can expect 3-4 rounds of interviews, including an initial phone screen and subsequent interviews with leaders on the Integrated Marketing teams as well as one of HCM’s Co-Founders. You will be asked to submit a short work sample to demonstrate your understanding and approach for this role.
Please refer to our Interview Prep Guide (hercampusmedia.com/careers/interview-prep) for a general overview of our hiring and interview process and what we look for in applications.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.