Representative, Sales (First Responder)
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a First Responder Training Sales Specialist. This is a Hybrid position located in San Diego, CA. Territory includes Phoenix, AZ and New Mexico.
The salary range for this position is (CA): $87,560.-$93,368
Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
What You’ll Do:
The First Responder Training Sales Specialist is responsible for sales and revenue growth from mid-sized and large accounts within assigned territory. The First Responder Training Sales Specialist is directly responsible for developing long-term relationships with each Top Tier customers while identifying new and ongoing sales opportunities within each account. The First Responder Training Sales Specialist also sells Training Services products and services to new targeted acquisition accounts.
- Sells Training Services products and services to corporate, government and/or not for profit customers. Seeks and acts upon leads and builds relationships with potential customers to bring them to close.
- Identifies business and growth opportunities using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business. Increase client and revenue base by contacting, qualifying, proposing and closing new business with high value prospects.
- Ensures productive and professional relationships with prospective customers.
- Develops trusted advisor relationships while operating as a key point of contact with Top Tier accounts, customer stakeholders and executive decision makers.
- Explores and builds partner relationships with OneRedCross partners to develop and/or enhance business alliances (i.e. Chapter staff, Blood Services).
- Responsible for attaining assigned sales volume and revenue objectives.
- Responsible for operating within prescribed budget.
- Territory size: annual revenue target greater than $600,000 to over $1,000,000
What We Need From You:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent related experience required. Related disciplines include Business, Sales, Marketing or Finance.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of successful experience in a B2B sales and/or product marketing position. Knowledge of and experience in applying field sales techniques.
- Proven executive level sales’ skills and ability to acquire and manage large accounts.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs and Salesforce.com or similar client relationship management applications.
- Ability to travel 50-90%. Must have reliable transportation for regional travel.
What’s In It For You?
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Commitment to Your Health & Safety-COVID-19:
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships – all of which helps to ensure culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement. The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural groups for employees and volunteers. From our Latino Resource Group, Umoja, Asian American & Pacific Islanders, and Red Cross Pride, to the Ability Network, Veterans+ and our Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.