We are looking for a Reliability Leader (Maintenance Leader) within our Dallas, Texas beverage manufacturing facility. In this role, you will support an assigned business unit and will be directly responsible for planned maintenance pillar activities and leadership of mechanics supporting their team on a 24/7 basis. In this role, you will display servant leadership abilities that help empower mechanics and line team associates to higher performance levels and greater morale.
This role requires 60% to 80% floor leadership time. You will be responsible for daily tactical execution of Daily Direction Setting priorities, coordination of mechanics, execution and follow up of planned work and will be responsible for developing planned maintenance strategies that support safety, people engagement, quality, cost, reliability, and continuous improvement initiatives.
This position may be fixed on day shift or support off shifts; independent of shift schedule, this position is responsible to coach and develop leads / teams on every shift within their area/lines.
Additionally, in this role you will:
- Ensure the safety of our people and our products always.
- Attend and support all line meetings as part of the Daily Direction Setting (DDS) process.
- Work with Production Leaders and Operational Excellence Leaders in the development and execution of Plan for the Day and loss elimination activities.
- Communicate metrics for maintenance and reliability activities. Owns and drives improvement around planned and unplanned downtime, # breakdowns, MTBF & MTTR metrics for their lines.
- Owns Breakdown Elimination, Defect Handling, & Planning and Scheduling. Coaches teams through effective execution of these processes and builds capability and ownership of these systems down to the team level over time.
- Meet with each shift daily to review work completed and provide direction and follow up.
- Maintain Maintenance schedules for owned lines and ensure adequate coverage in a consistent and equitable way that is consistent with the contract and state regulations.
- Create daily assignments for mechanics on each shift the support planned maintenance and loss elimination initiatives. Focuses on engaging mechanics in proactive work that will improve line predictability/stability.
- Provides resourcing and support to line owned autonomous maintenance activities.
- Follow up on safety, quality and major losses with root cause analysis.
- Support off shift critical work and emergency repairs where required.
- Identify gaps and roadblocks to successful execution of line maintenance plans and develop plans to close gaps.
- Monitor metrics, develop plans, and propose solutions for improvement.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process, support cost goals, and identify productivity opportunities.
- Support Planned Maintenance Pillar, System and Tools implementation.
- Support Systems and Equipment Ownership capability development.
- Lead and Support Early Equipment Management Activities, including possible startup leadership for projects within their area.
- Will be a member and valued contributor to one of Danone Operational Excellence Pillars.
- Own respective QMS standard and execute all processes, including all documentation specification requirements.
- Reviews work orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Monitors and helps to modify preventive maintenance program in conjunction with the plant maintenance manager and maintenance staff.
- Reviews with Maintenance Manager production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and regulatory standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have a high school diploma and have 5 - 10 years related experience, required. A bachelor degree in an engineering or related field is preferred.
- You have prior supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment, required. Previous experience supervising unionized employees is preferred.
- You understand TPM and continuous improvement methods, required.
- You have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, required.
- You have the skills to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) in a technical manner with employees of all levels of the organization, as well stakeholders outside the business, required. This may include outside vendors, suppliers, contractors, and customers.
- You have strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office programs and CMMS systems (such as MVP) as well as possess programming and ladder logic knowledge, preferred.
- You have knowledge of OSHA, local, state, and federal health and safety regulations.
- You have knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- You have the ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- You have the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, and have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.