Regulatory Program Manager
We are looking for a Canada Regulatory Program Manager to join Square and support the continued improvement of our Canada Compliance program with a targeted focus on our anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing (AML/CTF) program and high-brand risk program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible by developing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Square business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
You will work with Global Compliance Operations Leads and other relevant teams to ensure the Canada Compliance program complies with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards in Canada. You will report to the Canada Chief Compliance Officer and you will have ample opportunity to grow in their career and will experience a financial services company dedicated to economic empowerment.
- Establish compliance programs to protect and grow the business.
- Evaluate current compliance operational procedures for products or features to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for compliance operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks and promote product growth.
- Make recommendations for and help implement process improvements and procedure updates.
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the program in accordance with regulatory or industry updates, new products, and overall Compliance team procedures.
- Communicate the progress of and oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change.
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Square roadmaps.
- 2+ years as a program manager with direct experience in AML/CTF compliance and operations or 3+ years in relevant compliance operations role.
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions.
- Strong knowledge in Canadian AML/CTF regulations, risks and typologies.
- Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience with the Canadian payments industry, most notably payment card network operator industry.
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS)
- Experience with SQL and Looker
- Project management experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.