At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
PayPal is seeking a high caliber, and energetic attorney, with experience in consumer and on-line credit, to join PayPal’s Americas, Credit & Enterprise Services legal team. The attorney will work closely with the PayPal Credit business & PayPal’s Enterprise Services division as part of a growing legal team, currently comprised of approximately 150 legal staff members globally.
PayPal’s innovative technology and approaches to payments, coupled with an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment, provide robust career opportunities for attorneys motivated and driven by creative clients and a fast paced, cutting edge culture. This role will be focused on interaction with teams supporting merchants and partners in order to promote PayPal-branded consumer credit products from end to end, including distribution, sales enablement, and marketing support. In addition, the attorney will be expected to research issues of first impression independently.
The successful candidate will have the following specific qualifications and experience:
- Experience with legal issues arising in most, if not all, of the following areas: credit and lending, financial services, consumer protection, sales, contracts and marketing.
- Experience in interpreting and counseling clients regarding the following laws and regulations is required: UDAAP, EFTA/Reg. E, TILA/Reg. Z, GLBA/Reg. P, FCRA/Reg. V, FDCPA, ECOA/Reg. B, CAN-SPAM, TCPA and other laws affecting payments products, and consumer and small business credit products.
- Exceptional legal research skills, particularly in areas of new legislation and regulation and application of same to specific use cases.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, credit cards or other lending products.
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies, regulatory exams, internal and third-party audits.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in many cases, will be matters of first impression.
- Openness to adapting his/her practice in response to the changing landscape of the industry.
- Facility with a team-based approach to subject matter management and knowledge sharing, and comfort with a flexible, agile environment that emphasizes collaboration and team performance over management hierarchy. The successful candidate will enthusiastically collaborate with PayPal legal colleagues across our global organization and be able to hit the ground running.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience practicing either in-house (or in an equivalent setting) or at a reputable law firm.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree. Admitted to a state bar and in good standing.
- Exceptional writing skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to generate creative original drafted documents.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently.
Ability to effectively synthesize and explain complex and detailed legal requirements to clients across different levels within the organization.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.