St. Petersburg, FL
The Regulatory Consultant functions as a consultant to Orlando Health in the area of healthcare accreditation regulations, standards, and clinical performance improvement. Please note this position will be on-site at Bayfront Health located in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Coordinates external body regulatory/accreditation surveys for the organization. Communicates directly with The Joint Commission (TJC) account executive or Standards Interpretation Group for clarification of standards or requirements.
- Responsible for completion of components of The Joint Commission application for submission of required data and documentation.
- Ensures accuracy of all data submitted to regulatory or accreditation organizations.
- Performs mock surveys to evaluate compliance with The Joint Commission/CMS standards and requirements. Trains additional
- identified team members to perform focused mock surveys using specific tracer tools.
- Develops tracer tools or other specific focus tools for use in mock survey process or evaluation of compliance with specific regulatory/accreditation/ certification requirements.
- Provides oversight for Orlando Health Patient Care Policies and Procedures and compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
- Educates organization leadership and medical staff on changes to accreditation /regulatory requirements.
- Provides regulatory guidance and support to medical staff and operations leaders /councils pursuing specific TJC certifications.
- Coordinates application submission, site survey and follow up actions.
- Actively performs audits to evaluate compliance on regulatory requirements. Directs development and implementation of action plans to address non-compliance.
- In conjunction with site leadership, actively facilitates site Regulatory Council to support ongoing TJC readiness and sustainability.
- Assists internal customers with performance improvement initiatives which support the Strategic Goals of Orlando Health.
- Directs improving compliance with and understanding of all healthcare regulations and standards.
- Mentors and provides guidance for the development of educational opportunities for the organization relative to standards and accreditation regulations.
- Works with Orlando Health’s leaders to communicate mock and actual survey findings and directs the completion of corrective action plans to address deficiencies.
- Directs development and maintenance of unit based medical record review data base. Analyzes data, interprets results. Facilitates development of action plans with nursing unit leaders to address areas of non-compliance.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationship with the medical and operations staff.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Represents the Regulatory Department and Orlando Health at external meetings and seminars. Adheres to Orlando Health policies
- and procedures, value statement and PROMISE Standards.
- Attends external accreditation/regulatory education sessions/programs to enhance knowledge of regulatory/accreditation requirements. Actively seeks learning experiences and assumes responsibility for own professional growth.
- Works closely and in collaboration with all departments of Orlando Health.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in order to communicate cooperatively and constructively with physicians and members of the healthcare team.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, nursing, allied health or closely related field.
- If RN, maintain license with Florida Department of Health – renewed biannually
- If Allied Health professional, maintain license with Florida Department of Health as appropriate for profession.
- Five (5) years of clinical or related experience, including experience in healthcare quality/performance improvement projects.