Regulatory Compliance Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET
Providing advice to sustain the firm’s financial well-being and reputation. Ensuring compliance with global laws and regulations.
Our colleagues in Regulatory Compliance/Legal roles embody strong communication and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, curiosity, and adaptability in our fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business.
DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Compliance is dedicated to protecting the reputation of the firm and managing risk across all business areas. We work closely with each business, our professionals interpret and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and determine how the firm can appropriately pursue global market opportunities. We monitor regulatory trends and changes in all jurisdictions in which the firm does business, and we share information and collaborate with regulators to manage financial market risk.
- Teams: Financial Crime Compliance, Surveillance Analytics, Global Compliance Testing, Regulatory Practice Group, Regulatory Reporting, Consumer Compliance.
Legal plays an essential role in the formulation and implementation of the strategy of the firm. The advice and counsel we provide to all areas of the firm is critical to maintaining our commitments to our clients, regulators, and shareholders and to promoting our culture of excellence and integrity. Our goal is to provide legal advice that protects the firm’s financial well-being and reputation and assists our various businesses in evaluating the risks associated with completing transactions and other activities.
- Teams: Securities Legal, Investment Banking Legal, Investment Management Division Legal, Merchant Banking Legal, Finance Legal and Corporate Governance Legal, and Contracts, Technology, Privacy, and Intellectual Property Group.
Conflicts Resolution Group is involved in a wide range of the firm's businesses and transactions and provides exposure to the most senior business leaders and risk managers across the firm. This role offers an exceptional opportunity for professional development for a person interested in financial markets who has the capacity to appreciate the complexities of risk management in the space. CRG reviews business opportunities across the firm to ensure that reputational risk and potential and actual conflicts of interest are identified, assessed and managed so as to protect client relationships, safeguard confidential information, mitigate reputational risk and ensure that we are able to fulfill our responsibilities to our clients prior to accepting a role.
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Bachelor’s degree (2018 – June 2022)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment