Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
The Regulatory Analyst is esponsible for preparing and coordinating various federal and state regulatory compliance reporting relating to company’s natural gas and hazardous liquids pipelines and gas processing facilities.
Responsibilites will include
- Preparing and submitting various reports and submittals to state and federal agencies regulating the natural gas and hazardous liquids pipeline industry, including PHMSA, the Railroad Commission of Texas, and other state agencies.
- Working extensively with other departments to collect and analyze information and data for regulatory reports and filings.
- Executing multiple responsibilities while meeting both internal and external deadlines.
- Creating financial and volumetric schedules to support pipeline rate case filings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and state regulatory agencies.
- Assisting in communications and coordination with regulatory agency staff, customers, legal counsel and internal personnel to achieve regulatory objectives and meet compliance requirements.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and summarizing regulatory actions, filings and proposed rules potentially impacting the company at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and state oil and gas regulatory agencies.
- Supporting internal regulatory compliance training functions, including preparation of training materials, coordination of training, maintenance of records and related matters
- Analyzing and developing materials to support regulatory filings, interventions, reports and policy comments.
- Progressively developing a comprehensive understanding of state and federal regulations impacting the company, with the ability to summarize and provide internal guidance regarding such regulations.
- Maintaining and enhancing regulatory compliance schedules.
- Performing regulatory analysis for various projects as required.
- Performing other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, either BA or BS, or relevant experience.
- Regulatory experience in the natural gas or oil pipeline industry is preferred.
- Has exceptional project management and organizational abilities with great attention to detail.
- Understands financial and accounting concepts and terms.
- Experience in midstream natural gas/liquids industry.
- Has strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build effective professional relationships.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to independently manage work requirements and meet ongoing deadlines
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc.
- Noise level is typically low.
- Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets.
- Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office.
- Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
Include all employees, with or without college degrees who are performing, supervising, or managing environmental and/or operational safety activities. These activities include monitoring environmental/safety issues; Federal, State, and local regulations and legal challenges; ensuring compliance, developing input on emerging legislation; identifying the impact of new regulations and developing plans for compliance; providing consultation and guidance to personnel and operating units; and interfacing with various government agencies and industry groups.
Phillips 66's Midstream business is a safe, reliable and trusted logistics provider for the movement and storage of liquid or gas energy via pipelines or terminals. We are an industry leader in logistics and operate or manage more than 22,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries and finished products from refineries to storage terminals. We operate 39 terminals that supply finished products to consumer gas stations, as well as crude oil and NGL storage terminals and NGL fractionation facilities. We also provide the connectivity between the various Phillips 66 business units.
At Phillips 66, providing access to high quality programs and care for you and your family is important to us. Maintaining a culture of well-being — physical, emotional, social, and financial — is essential for a high-performing organization. When we are at our best, we are poised to deliver exceptional results — personally and professionally. Benefits for certain eligible, full-time employees include:
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities