Regional Vice President
San Francisco, CA
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We're individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you'll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Regional Sales Vice President 401(k) is responsible for driving growth of 401(k) sales through financial advisors and RIA's in assigned region. Primary responsibilities include developing sales pipeline, generating activities to drive proposal development and point of sale meetings to attain assigned goal. Leverage internal sales desk to grow 401(k) sales in assigned region and follow up on sales desk leads. The candidate will be responsible for communicating with Head of Corporate 401(k) sales on an ongoing basis regarding territory sales activities and sales goal attainment.
Skills required to ensure your success include:
- Communicating Complex Concepts: Knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques to ensure clear understanding; ability to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Knowledge of collaborative techniques and approaches; ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement and working together across functions to solve business problems and meet business goals.
- Financial Planning Instruments (Pensions, Annuities, etc.): Knowledge of financial planning products, market segments and marketplaces; ability to analyze and apply knowledge of financial planning products to meet financial goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Relationship Building: Knowledge of the importance of creating positive relationships within the team and ability to develop trusting relationships by valuing others' concerns and contributions.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for change.
- FINRA Series 6/7, 63.
- 7+ years of 401(k) Wholesaling experience in assigned region required.
- Thorough knowledge of wholesaling in assigned region and working knowledge of 401(k), Cash Balance and Managed Accounts products.
- Willingness to travel 80% of the time.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- CLU, ChFC, CFP preferred.
- Exceptional communication/ interpersonal and organizational skills.