Regional Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA
First Databank (FDB) is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for selling the full complement of FDB solutions to new and existing customers. Includes prospecting for new customers, qualifying opportunities, managing our resources in pursuit of new sales, and closing business. Role is a quota carrying position with anticipated travel requirement of 20-30%.
- Support the organization’s vision, mission and values externally and internally.
- Plans and conducts the overall growth and revenue retention strategy for assigned territory in collaboration with the FDB’s Sales Leadership Team.
- Prospect for new business from new and existing customers.
- Qualify new business opportunities, based on solid knowledge of FDB products and prospects’ use cases in various healthcare markets/segments.
- Appropriately delivers meaningful and constructive responses to RFP/I’s while working collaboratively with other internal resources
- Negotiate and Close new business contract.
- Work with internal resources (e.g., Clinical, Technical/IT, Contracts Admin., Customer Service, Finance, and Legal) to support the sales process.
- Build and manage large account relationships for revenue growth, and, alongside Customer Relations, support account retention.
- Become certified on critical product presentations, demonstrations, and selling skills on an as- needed basis
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA or BS degree required
- Knowledge of the ambulatory EMR/ePrescribing marketplace and dynamics, including an awareness of key vendors and market dynamics.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a professional/complex selling environment (where the economic buyer is “C” level or “V” level), with three years selling healthcare information technology, supply chain or related content in equivalent environment.
- Demonstrated track record of negotiating and closing complex licensing contracts.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals, and of direct responsibility for annual sales attainment of at least $1M.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage a complex territory.