Regional Sales Manager
Focused on a limited number of strategic accounts in the Bay Area with design locations throughout North America, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for a specific number of strategically chosen accounts. Daily duties will include management of independent manufacturer representatives, and key customers on behalf of Epson Microdevices – Components. Our products include Timing Devices, IC’s, and Sensors.
This role will report directly to the Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts. Qualiﬁed candidates will have 5+ years technical sales experience, with a component background preferred. The ideal candidate must be in the Bay Area, as this is where the accounts are primarily located.
The Regional Sales Manager will work from a home office, with periodic visits to our San Jose office. Travel expected approximately 25% of the time.
Regional Sales Manager Duties:
1. Build Sales
- Sales management of key accounts in the Bay Area. Primary duties include growing relationship, increasing sales, & discovery of new opportunities for focus parts. Will be required to have complete control of managing open orders and monitoring forecast. Will be expected to establish a high-level relationship with key contacts at all their customers. Sales Manager will help identify customer’s needs and recommend applicable Epson solutions.
- Although customers will primarily be based in the Bay Area, Sales Manager will have sales responsibility for all customer locations throughout North America. Will be required to travel to these locations as needed.
- Motivate and manage outside sales representatives, while actively engaging with customers and channel partners. This includes monthly review calls, to discuss plans, sales goals, and market research.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives for your customers by eﬀectively utilizing all resources available. Competency with Microsoft office; Excel (V-look up, Pivot tables, Charts & Graphs), PPT (presentation creation), Power BI (data mining and analysis), and Epson internal system for opportunity tracking are critical for this role.
- Manage and track new revenue opportunities until reaching mass production.
- Develop strategic account plans to support revenue targets, consistent with company short term demand and long-term objectives for revenue. Emphasis is on Epson’s Focus Products. Work closely with Marketing team to follow customer trends.
2. Eﬀective Sales Administration
- Develops and provides management with accurate monthly product forecasts.
- Ensure all administrative responsibilities are completed in a timely manner and corporate policies are followed.
- Develops and provides periodic reports as deﬁned by management.
3. Relationship Management
- Builds strong relationships with peers, and other departments across Epson, to best meet company goals and objectives.
- Develop Senior Management relationships at key accounts, and our Channel partners.
4. Minimum Experience Requirements
- Requires some sales experience (5+ years minimum), and Sales Management experience is preferred.
- Completion of an undergraduate program (BA or BS, technical degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Travel up to 25%.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $111,835 and $199,697. Please note that this position salary range includes multiple levels. The actual level and base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This position will have a 70/30 commission plan.
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.