Regional Manager Government & Corp Affairs US
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia Group is seeking a Manager, Government and Corporate Affairs. This member of our team will develop and lead engagements with state and local governments in coordination with global strategy and internal business, legal, policy and compliance, and communications teams.
In this contributor role, you will have strategic oversight of, and responsibility for, building and sustaining Expedia's public policy operations in this important region of North America. Key components of the role will be proactively engaging elected officials and community partners at the state and local level to provide education and advocacy information to help global audiences understand Expedia Group's policy positions.
What you'll do:
- Identify and respond to regulatory challenges and opportunities drawing on your understanding of the local environment and ability to read and develop legislative language and policy memoranda with support from Legal, Tax, Policy & Compliance and other internal teams
- Track identified proposed legislation and administrative actions and update internal teams on potential impact to lines of business, passage and effective date for implementation
- Lobby and advocate for Expedia Group’s public policy positions with legislative and executive branches of state government, as well as local elected and appointed officials at the city and county levels
- Lead government relations assets and resources including local contract lobby teams and, as available, political contributions, sponsorships, and partnerships
- Serve as a policy and advocacy issue area expert for teams across the Company
- Propose, draft, and deliver communications material including testimony, blog posts, and other creative content alongside our Public Affairs team
- Create and nurture partnerships with industry and grassroots coalitions and other policy allies in the region
Who you are:
- You are experienced in public policy, community organization, media and communications, and advocacy strategy development and implementation
- You understand local and state government processes and structures
- You read, understand, and communicate public policy language fluently
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator who can work well with internal and external stakeholders to create and advance lobbying and advocacy strategies
- You can prioritize multiple, sophisticated projects in varying stages of development, often under a time constraint
- You have built creative, effective strategies to address difficult communications and legislative challenges
- You are comfortable making high-level recommendations and strategic decisions
The total cash range for this position in Denver is $111,000 to $155,500. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $177,500, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in AZ Virtual is $111,000 to $155,500. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $177,500, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in Austin is $119,000.00 to $166,500.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $190,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.