Regional Human Resources Manager
This position is responsible for providing Human Resources support for the regional team and store management for multiple retail locations. Scope will include: performance management, positive associate relations, talent development, recruitment and retention strategies, policy and procedure support, and strategic human resources planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the Regional HR Director in the formation and rollout of HR initiatives for the region.
- Work collaboratively with the store management team and regional team on associate relations' issues, corrective action performance management, and terminations; act as an associate advocate when appropriate to meet company goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership and support to managers and associates on policy interpretation and other associate relations matters, including, but not limited to: Performance Management, Internal Administrative Investigations and Training.
- Train a variety of management and associate development classes, including, but not limited to: Interviewing and Selection, Associate Development, Conflict Resolution, Managing Positive Associate Relations and Treating Associates with Respect.
- Assist with associate development by facilitating the Management Development Program (MDP), participating in writing Individual Development Plans (IDPs), and interviewing internal and external management candidates.
- Develop, organize and implement recruiting strategies across departments (including direct recruiting and job fairs).
- Review and apply all federal, state, and local laws in conjunction with CarMax policies and procedures; monitor HR metrics, such as Proper Recording of Time, Compass, staffing levels, associate relations dashboard, associate development files, personnel files, I-9’s, etc.
- Participate in and/or manage various projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
5+ years of current Human Resources experience, preferably with a big-box, multi-unit retailer with heavy emphasis on employee relations.
Strong problem-solving and influencing skills, a hands-on approach in working with line management, and the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment. Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred, but not required.
This person will work in our regional office and travel 3-4 days a week among CarMax locations in the region. Some overnight travel is required.
Internal candidates must have completed Senior MAP. Please partner with HR Services on any exceptions to this requirement.