Regional Director - Store Operations
The Regional Director is responsible for developing and articulating a vision and strategy for a group of districts and stores in a large geographical region. The Regional Director is accountable for driving top-line sales and profitability while managing expenses and monitoring productivity in all locations. The Regional Director consistently coaches and supports District Managers, Store Managers,and Assistant Store Managers to ensure alignment around the company’s Retail Strategy and goals, ultimately providing a rewarding employee experience and delivering an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Inspires and motivates others by exhibiting core value behaviors at all times
- Continuously works to improve individual and team performance utilizing the employee experience process
- Builds Regional morale by recognizing and celebrating individual and team achievements
- Cultivates an environment that is opportunistic, promotes teamwork, takes ownership, and displays a high level of urgency
- Provides an “open door” where team members are free to express their concerns and ideas
- Recruits, hires, develops, retains, and promotes top talent
- Oversees succession planning in the Region and establishes and maintains a strong bench of talent
- Creates a positive work environment that results in high retention and low turnover
- Instills the meaning and importance of a Customer First culture and empowers all team members to “solve for yes” to ensure customer satisfaction in all locations
- Remains accessible to customers to discuss and resolve customer and employee questions and issues
- Ensures proper execution of all visual directives and marketing initiatives in all stores
- Provides feedback to executive leadership team regarding store and customer opportunities
- Knows market demographics and can speak to competition
- Encourages locations to participate in local community initiatives to drive brand awareness and create loyalty
- Creates and manages the execution of the Region’s Plan To Win - designed to drive results and maximize business opportunities
- Provides strategic direction and uncovers new and unique ways to grow the business
- Encourages team members to achieve sales and profitability results
- Identifies tactical and process related initiatives that will add value to the company
- Innovates and develops ways to improve efficiency and productivity
- Controls and influences budgets, revenue, and expenses
- Evaluates sales results on a daily basis using key business reports and tools - developing plans to improve when necessary
- Implements and enforces all updates and changes of Company policies and procedures
- Manages Regional payroll budgets and approves all payrates and salary adjustments
- Achieves Regional shrinkage goals
- Works with business partners to create and provide training and guidance for management regarding store operations, human resources, loss prevention and visual presentation
- Partners with real estate to identify specific market opportunities
- Provides support, direction and motivation to store management during visits enforcing store visit expectations
- Ability and willingness to take on additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ensures that region is in complete compliance with all employment, state and federal laws, including but not limited to wage and hour, human rights and equal employment
- Secures and maintains assigned company property
- Overnight travel required
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for
- leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PacSun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Four-year college degree required
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Proven ability to build winning teams
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to interpret all policies and procedures to resolve customer and employee issues
- Flexible with schedule (able to work weekends, nights, peak holiday periods)
- Proficient in math and possesses strong computer skills
- Minimum five years District Manager experience, previous Regional Director experience preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
- vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.