Regional Director of Operations
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to.
The Regional Director of Operations has responsibility for a significant geographical market of Tend, consisting of 5+ dental studios and reporting directly to the SVP of Operations. The Regional Director will have accountability for multi-site studio performance, including P&L responsibility, oversight of quality, patient safety, staffing model, day to day operations, healthcare and regulatory compliance, and patient and team member experience.
This position will play a significant role in cultivating an environment that provides effective and trustworthy dental services in a fast paced, dynamic and respectful work environment.
- Ability to analyze business reporting and create recommendations/actions to meet/exceed revenue goals, growth goals and profitability of all Studios within Market.
- Overseeing the administrative operations of 5 to 10 offices with 5mm+ revenue per studio
- Monitor the P&L statements for each Studio and develop effective ways to close the gaps between actual performance and company projections
- Responsible for resolving Member escalations within established SLA.
- Ensures Studio Manager accountability for consistent execution of clinical administration standards.
- Understands and promotes the brand principles and is an exceptional representative of the business both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong operational background and ability to implement and oversee operations.
- Responsibility for the development, retention, hiring, performance management, compensation, and engagement studio management staff.
- Manage the operating budget and allocation of resources. mentor and manage Studio Managers and support staff at each site.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational and clinical protocols and the ability to work with Provider leadership to implement and manage exceptional quality programs.
- Champions and leads change, embraces new business models and innovative approaches to delivery of high quality clinical services.
- Creates a positive, professional environment that fosters strong team member engagementParticipates and supports provider pipeline development strategies/initiatives.
- Collaborates with Clinical leadership to develop clinical programs while providing the support to deploy innovative approaches to delivery of high quality clinical services, including specialty dental services in various product categories.
- Strong understanding of insurance; revenue cycle; patient billing; treatment planning. Ability to drive leading and lagging indicators to assure success.
- Actively participate within the Operations Leadership Team to ensure collaboration and best practice sharing amongst the broader Tend team.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, Tend policies and procedures, and full integration into theTend culture and support resources.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required/Master's degree in Healthcare field or MBA preferred
- At least (8) years of management/leadership experience and P&L responsibility within healthcare/hospitality/services industry
- A minimum of five years of regional leadership experience in a multi-site; multi-state company
- Multi-site; Multi-state Healthcare experience required
- Proven experience managing day-to-day operations with 15-25 FTE per location; 5mm+ in revenue
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working within a DSO or Physician Management company is preferred
- Experience in leading teams across multiple locations
- 2 years of experience with clinical process improvement projects is preferred
- Must be comfortable working autonomously and have demonstrated the ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources
- Passionate about our purpose
- Champion inclusion, trust and respect
- Be strong, bold and gritty in actions
- Think like an entrepreneur
- Ever better
More about Tend
Tend provides the best dental care available, with a spectacular clinical team and state-of-the-art dental technology. Tend’s dental professionals are incentivized by patient results and experience. As a dental company, we aren’t corporate. We aren’t private. Tend is a new dental model that’s a joy to work at, with the dental autonomy clinicians expect and the support they need with design, marketing, operations, HR, and benefits. Our clinicians work in beautiful dental studios designed to soothe. And they cultivate inclusive environments that value the individual and praise team effort. Simply put, Tend is a place where dental is transformed into the empowering, human, and joyful experience it should be.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.