Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner
As a Regional Director you enjoy the journey of developing impactful leaders and regional business growth in many local communities. You are performance driven through the lens of humanity. You develop strategic and operational plans for the region, lead execution, and measure results. You inspire leaders to create and nuture strong, diverse teams that engage their communities and customers.
Using your past retail leadership experience, you will:
- Provide functional expertise and execute responsibilities: to enable various teams to enhance the Starbucks experience for customers, increase profitability, find and execute opportunities for growth and expansion within region.
- Lead a team of leaders: Develop high performing, results driven teams through coaching, providing transparent insight and feedback, and meaningful developmental opportunities.
- Model how we work together: Use your leadership style to bring Starbucks values to life for your teams, modeling collaboration, inclusiveness, confidence in leadership, and teamwork, that all move us toward business success.
Summary of Experience
- Progressive experience managing in multi-unit retail, restaurant or service organizations (5 years)
- Product development (3 years)
- Financial analysis and profit and loss responsibility
- Marketing or market development
- Progressively responsible retail experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Planning and organizational project management skills
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com.