Regional Design Specialist
Breaking new ground still requires a blueprint. Who wants to shape the future of mobility needs an adequate workplace where ideas can blossom. But the BMW Group buildings not only need to meet the highest requirements in terms of functionality, but also need to foster a brand ambassador effect - internally and externally. That’s why our construction projects have a visible place within the company in all its facets.
The Regional Design Specialist:
- Coordinates the planning functions of the Munich based internal design functions, process planners and the external design professionals to deliver the design of building structures, fixtures and furniture according to approved targets and standards.
- Steers the design professionals for production and regional capital projects from strategic approval through construction documents according to the requirements of the users and the group standards for corporate identity, sustainability, office environments, and the regulation frameworks for specific building types.
- Coordinates the design approval process.
- Integrates the relevant design construction service demand.
- Conducts evaluation of demand studies in the project development phase using scenario studies and cost estimates.
- Executes feasibility studies in accordance to demand freezes including cost estimate and if appropriate different scenarios.
- Oversees the conceptual design e.g. calculation of costs.
- Coordinates and presents projects to the relevant committees (architectural, fire protection, challenge boards) to obtain the necessary approvals.
- Reviews the design parameters during the development of the detailed design.
- Consults on the designs and resolves escalated topics, fundamental changes/deviation from design specifications.
- Decides and selects external design partners.
- Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work.
- Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
BMW Manufacturing is a leader in innovations and excellence. Come be a part of the extraordinary advanced manufacturing team where new technologies and ideas are constantly being discovered and implemented.
BMW Manufacturing is proud to be located in Upstate, South Carolina at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing the perfect mix of exciting city life and the great outdoors, or simply a great environment in which to raise a family.
In addition to offering a stimulating work environment and a great place to live, BMW Associates have access to an exceptional range of benefits. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Retirement Income Account
- Life insurance
- BMW Associates Assistance Program
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company vehicle program
- BA/BS degree in Architecture or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership and professional experience in building design.
- 3+ years of experience in architectural design management.
- Architectural certification (preferred).
- 3+ years of project management skills.
- 3+ years of CAD skills.
- 3+ years of Microsoft Office skills.
- Basic written and verbal German language skills (preferred).
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.