Regional Business Manager
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Regional Business Manager to join the Law Department within the Law and Global Compliance (L&GC) organization based in our headquarters in Arlington, VA (Long Bridge). This position will lead and manage approximately 30 support staff members in various U.S. locations as well as the daily administration and office management of the Arlington, VA; Chicago, IL; Hazelwood, MO; Plano, TX and Titusville, FL locations.
A successful candidate possess the following:
- Experience with employee performance management, employee development and conflict management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor, and presentation
- Track record as a self-starter, self-motivated, having strong schedule commitment, and customer focus
- Ability to meet deadline while performing under pressure and managing multiple competing demands
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented high-pressure environment
- Good people and diplomacy skills and the ability to engage attorneys, staff and management
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals across multiple functions, levels, and locations
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Process-oriented and continuous improvement focused
- Maintain a positive attitude regarding change and the ability to work well with and motivate others
- Superb organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality, and uphold the highest level of ethical behavior and integrity
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Coordinate closely with attorney-managers and Global Staffing focals, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding staff
- Address workload issues, backup staffing, expected levels of support, employee morale, training and development, office standards, schedules, and customer satisfaction
- Coach, counsel, mentor and provide developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities
- Provide on-going developmental feedback to employees
- Recognize contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce
- Work closely with attorneys to manage support staff performance, including establishing goals, gathering performance feedback, rating performance, conducting performance and salary reviews, and addressing performance problems, including administering corrective action, up to and including termination
- Work with Law Department Business Management and Operations to determine and communicate policies and procedures and further cross-regional cooperation and initiatives
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (This role requires a minimum of 3 days per week of on-site support.)
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years’ experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years’ experience building relationships and partnering with all levels of employees, including executives
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years’ experience managing 10 or more direct reports
- Experience using or applying metrics to measure performance against projects to ensure high quality delivery
- Experience managing direct reports in multiple locations
- Experience managing multiple locations
- Experience managing conflicts of direct reports
- Experience in a law firm or in-house counsel environment
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award