Regional Asset Protection Leader
The Regional Asset Protection Leader (RAPL) executes the CarMax Asset Protection program within the Richmond Region. Provides AP support to multiple locations and multiple RVP’s. Oversees Asset Protection operational programs. Conducts Asset Protection investigations, training, and audits. Participates in core Regional team meetings to ensure high level of collaboration with business partners.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Conduct all Asset Protection investigations that arise in assigned stores, including suspected losses or violations of the Asset Protection Policy.
- Manage all Asset Protection controls and assets within assigned stores (through audits, store visits, etc.), including: a. Physical security (vehicles, parts, buildings, cameras, gates, physical perimeter, etc.) – Identify and remediate any security gaps, opportunities or weaknesses. b. Control execution (inventory, background screening, credit fraud, etc.) – Review execution data and remediate any opportunities. c. Policy compliance (Asset Protection, etc.) – Monitor and remediate any opportunities.
- Develop and deliver training on Asset Protection policies, procedures, controls, and programs.
- Develop and execute action plans to address most significant region/store Asset Protection opportunities.
- Participate in new store openings to ensure proper installation of security controls and conduct training of new associates on those controls.
- Conduct visits via regular store visits and remote desk top audits.
- Participate in core Region team activities as needed.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local law enforcement in each market
Purpose of the role
The RAPL delivers on the AP mission to protect People, Assets and our Culture of Integrity for our Richmond Region locations. This is done through conducting investigations, audits and training, which equip and empower our management teams to ensure AP awareness and controls are solidly in place. The RAPL collaborates closely with store management and region teams in support of these objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven track record in operations and driving execution
- 5 years experience in asset protection, law enforcement, or comparable required preferred
- Multi-unit retail or equivalent experience preferred
- High School degree required, 4 year college degree preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications proficiently
- Ability to fully leverage data analytics and reporting
- Certifications: Prefer “Interrogation Techniques” provided by Wicklander & Zulaswki (known as WZ) and Certified Forensic Interview (CFI); CFI will be required if not already attained
- Knowledge of the auto business and each of the 4 operational areas (retail sales, wholesale, business operations, and service operations) well enough to know what kind of asset protection issues will arise preferred
- Internal candidates must have completed Senior MAP. Please partner with HR Services on any exceptions to this requirement.