Recruiter: General Business
WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. Why? Because our pets make us better humans, and we owe them the best possible care. As the premier partner to a new generation of pet parents, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
Kinship is a coalition that includes:
- Adopt-a-Pet, the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Our world-leading Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- The award-winning Whistle™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- VETINSIGHT™ which gives modern pet parents the veterinary and wellness guidance needed to make smarter, more informed health decision for their pets.
- The Wildest, the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend, our recently-launched marketplace for all your pet’s people
- PetStory, our platform that curates top services for pet parents in Russia
- FluffyGo, the mobile-first platform is a one-stop solution for science-minded pet parents in China
- LEAP VENTURE STUDIO, our accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents
Together, these teams and more work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
The Talent and Organization team is a small but a strong force behind Kinship’s innovation and ambition to build a connected platform of digital-first businesses for the new generation of pet parents. The talent team ensures & drives an inclusive culture that underpins all we do. We build incredible, high-performing teams with diverse talent, champion collaborative ways of working, introduce top HR systems to our organization, and develop our internal Associates to meet our goals.
We’re excited about the people (and pets) who will join us this year. In order to help everyone pet parent like a pro, we are seeking a talented Recruiter to attract, engage, and present candidates who represent everyone. Those with different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. People who challenge the way we see the world now. And those ready to bring our Cultural Pillars and Purpose to life through our work, so we can set new standards in pet care. That's what forming a coalition is all about: finding pros with different talents and welcoming all the creativity and ingenuity they have to offer.
As a Recruiter on our team, your role will be a critical one as we move into a high growth period at Kinship. In this role you will work across our business to attract and engage diverse talent for all of our teams, and you will partner with our broader Talent team to support us as we create talent assessment, mobility, and development plans for our associates.
The Recruiter will work closely with our Head of Talent Acquisition & Development to execute our workforce planning and sourcing strategy, align the business on a unified interview and hiring process, create exceptional candidate and hiring team experiences to enhance our internal culture and external brand, and source for key roles for Kinship.
HOW YOU'LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
- Working with a team of recruiters to source a diverse mix of talent across Kinship in San Francisco, Portland, NYC, and potential global locations in Europe, Shanghai, and Moscow
- Filling the 45 + roles we need to hire for in 2021 and helping us pipeline for 2022
- Executing on the recruitment strategy and workforce plan for non-executive hires
- Supporting our goal of gender and racial equality across Kinship by providing a diverse pool of qualified candidates to interview
- Building & maintaining relationships with hiring managers by understanding business objectives and providing creative talent acquisition and hiring solutions
- Partnering with our entire Talent team to understand changing business priorities and people needs as our business grows, and offering solutions from a talent management & development perspective
- Pushing boundaries and bringing fresh and provocative ideas to Kinship that build our brand, enhance our culture and contribute to revenue growth
- Embedding our new reward strategy into the business, and being a champion of our processes to hire candidates into the right job levels and salary bands.
- Further embed our talent philosophy, cultural pillars, and leadership competencies, as we aim for all of our associates to Hire Like Pros at Kinship
- Championing our recruitment systems, Greenhouse, GoodTime, Linkedin, Monday.vc, and other platforms, and help to train managers on the systems for optimal use.
- Supporting our employer brand and reputation strategy through all Kinship social channels and on our website
- Being passionate and optimistic about our goals, our mission, and the future of Kinship, every single day
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- You have 3+ years of experience recruiting for a <$5B tech company. E-Comm Start-up experience highly preferred.
- You are a true headhunter. You always find the purple squirrel and that magical unicorn… and don’t give up until you find the person 100% right for the role
- You can handle 10+ different reqs at a time and love balancing it all.
- Linkedin Recruiter, Greenhouse, Working Not Working, and other tools are your preferred choice for seeking talent.
- You are an exceptional interviewer, listener, relationship builder, and you take on whatever is thrown at you, as you see it as a learning opportunity.
- You understand the desires of what people what in their career in order to make a mutually beneficial match for the business and the candidate.
- You are adept at recruiting quickly for a variety of levels within the business within a fast-paced, multi-layered, creative environment
- You’re a disciplined self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, and don’t need much direction after a few training sessions
- You are proactive, resourceful, collaborative, detail-oriented and enjoy working across time-zones, and cultures
- You crave information to talk intelligently about the business you support. Asking 100 questions, always learning, and recommending solutions to make things run faster and work better
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship